Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just curious

I am curious as to how most of you run the Safari. Do you hunt using conductive tones or ferris tones. Do you like to run wide open on discrimination, discriminate just iron or discriminate iron and notch some of the pull tab range? And last but not least do you use the stock coil or auxiliary coils?

I usually run ferris tones.
If park hunting I discriminate iron, very seldom do I use notch
Usually run sensitivity in auto.
Switch between stock coil and 6x8 SEF

Shortcut1224

I prefer to run ALL Metal mode 98% of the time. & I use NEL coils, I have the NEL Hunter, NEL Sharpshooter & the NEL Sharp. The Sharpshooter is a great little coil with good depth for it's size.

Depends on where I am. At my usual hunting spot I run the safari in coin mode in the woods. And switch to all metal mode in higher trash areas. Just depends on you style of hunting, how well you know the safari, and how patient you are with all the sounds. I have pulled some awesome silver out of high trash burn pit areas with the stock 11d coil

I know run mine in all metal, auto sensitiivity, ferrous sounds. You get use to all the noise and you can pick out the good sounds....

Thanks for the replys, hopefully can start learning this beast. Second one I have had. Sold the fiirst before I really gave it a chance. Picked up another one and picked up a 6X8 SEf coil. I am going to learn this thing.