Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just for fun

McDean

Mostly for fun but might show those who are new to the Etrac something about it's "abilities"...

Ok, I understand this is somewhat controlled but very likely to be found in the field........

Turn on your etrac and open the screen wide open in quickmask..
Get a big rusty nail or any other piece of rusty iron (preferably straight or close to it) now hold it next to a high conductor coin (silver, claddime, quarter, etc..) in the same hand as the nail and pass it over the coil a few times with the nail being "inline" with the center of the coil...
now after noting the response/numbers, turn up the ferrous discrimination until you can't get a signal.
at what point did you lose response and get a null?

I don't expect any replies, just something to tinker with during downtime. worth doing atleast once though

Have fun, Dean

sugar said:
HEY MCDEAN IM DOING THE STUFF ON ERE JUST FOR FUN SO BACK OFF LOL

GOING TO GIVE IT A GO THANKS

Aah, I see LoL

I found this to be interesting, what do you think?

everything we find out about this machine is interesting i will get my etrac outside tomorrow and let you know my findings this weekend i threw a copprer coin on the floor and the etrac refused to go off so i also want to alter a few settings and see if i can get it to see a surface copper alloy coin there are still so many questions on etrac settings and it is only when we fully understand it will enable us to get the best performance happy hunting