Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just got a new Tejon!

padiggin

I'm pretty excited to try out my new Tejon. Just got it the other day, but unfortunately the temps in the northeast right now are really crappy, so I guess I'll have to wait for some mild temps to come in.

I've been a Tesoro owner since 1994 with the original Stingray, which I still own by the way. I still love that Stingray and it works like a champ. It's nice for those days when the weather is wet and I don't have to worry about damaging the detector with rain. Not to mention it has found me a ton of civil war relics over the years.

I decided to try out a White's a couple years ago and went with the MXT. After going from the simplistic Stingray to the MXT, I really had trouble getting the hang of the MXT. I have become more familiar with the MXT, however I still love those Tesoros. Has anyone else used a Whites and a Tesoro? Just curious what others thought of going back and forth between those two brands. My preference is still with Tesoro. Just something about a Tesoro that I love. The feel, the sound, what ever it is, I just like it.

I also had a Tesoro Golden Sabre II that I bought back in 1996, however I didn't use it much and it basically just collected dust. So, I decided to trade it up for a brand new Tejon. I'm really excited about it and can't wait to try it out. I read up on some field test reports on it and it sounds like a winner. If anyone has any good advice, comments, complaints, suggestions, or anyting regarding the Tejon, I'd love to hear about it. Thanks in advance.

I'm bouncing back and forth between several Tesoros and Whites. One an MXT as you mention. There's things I like about both, but I especially like the simplicity and light weight of the Tesoros, plus all my Tesoros can share the same coils. I've found the Whites to be very capable, but in my opinion there's a "fun factor" missing compared to the lighter, Tesoros. I think you'll really like the Tejon when you get a chance to get out with it.
HH
BB

"Has anyone else used a Whites and a Tesoro? "

I used Whites and they are a capable machine. All the name brands are capable. Heck - I used a White's 6000 Di Pro from somewhere around mid 80s up to a couple years ago. Then the DFX, what a learning curve. Then Explorer-II, well I still have it. Then one day, not to long ago I nabbed a new Cibola. My arms said a big Thank You. But it just didn't end there - more Tesoro's somehow showed up, and they are still here. Anyway, I had gone on a relic hunt. It was a tough area and it gave my Explorer fits. Well I grabbed the new Tejon, then swapped the stock coil to the 5.75 wide-scan. Life was better, that day anyway. It was still a junk nightmare but it was workable somewhat with patience. Moved at the edges from the area, the Tejon can hit BBs and little bits of foil, more than I cared for that day. I probably would have liked to had and try that old Whites with a small coil that day. Didn't have the DFX that day. So what I had brought and used, well the Tejon for that spot for that day got me through. Didn't find a lot of good relics but stayed half a day. Another fella with another machine gave up less than an hour and left. Another moved at least a hundred yards from the area, and it didn't take him long. Yes we were frustrated, so much trash it was like a dump. I hunted the tough spot and stuck it out. I did wish I had brought another Tesoro for a Tesoro comparison, but just didn't. Even in better grounds it can be a chatty machine, and I'm sure other machine are just as capable, but like you
"The feel, the sound, what ever it is, I just like it." there is something I like about each Tesoro's I have. and that's five of them so far. For relic, I'll always bring it along, don't mean I'll always use it. For coin, It's capable, but not my choice as I have other picks.
Check PM