Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just got a V3i

boomerang

I'm brand new to Metal Detecting. And new here.

I just got a V3i less than 24 hours ago and put it together. It seems like a great machine that I have sooooo much to learn about.

While I was trying it out and sweeping, the arm cuff made clicking noises even after I tightened it and seemed loose. I inspected it and was a bit disappointed that a machine at this tier would have such an issue. I was about to get out the duct tape or make some other modification to it when i realized if i just squeezed the cuff together at the top as I tightened it, all was well. :)

Sorry to sound like such a noob but hey, I am!!

Cheers!!! Gold Coins and Diamond Rings!!
-boomerang

Mine clean clicked too but a combination of squeezing the cuff tighter and really tightening down the thumbscrew extra made it go away. Been years now and it hasn't returned.

Congrats on the new V3i!

Time out with the machine, digging targets will get you used to what it is telling you. Don't be afraid to ask questions as you go along that is how we all learn here.
Mine clicks too.

Read all the different forums post on the V3i you'll love it. The big secrets go slow and only change one setting at a time.

Man you picked a beast of a machine to be your first!! The v3i is so easy to mess up where you wont find much. Just get lots of hours in with the stock programs, before you start tweaking things.

I have a V3I for years. Love it. But I had the same wobble at the arm rest. I ended up taking a pair of large needle nose pliers, removing the arm rest and bending the top of the arm rest area that wraps the pipe on both sides. Then put the arm rest back on. Its harder to put back on now because its tighter. Tighten the screws and it works now. Good luck.

I used a couple of very thin pieces of cardboard to shim my arm rest. If I remember correctly, it's been almost 5 years, I cut strips from a business card.