Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just got my ETRAC today.:thumbup:

Wesley

I just received my new ETRAC today and I am very pleased so far. I have hunted with the Explorer XS for two years and the Explorer II for about two years also. I feel that with my experience with the Minelab detectors, I may be able to give this ETRAC a fair shake and a fair grade when I start hunting with this detector. I mainly hunt Civil War Relics since I live in Southeastern Virginia where 100's of battles took place within 60 miles of my house. I also like to hunt old home sites because of the variety of finds.....coins, civil war relics, buttons, bullets, etc.

One question for the users so far. When I put mine together and was practice swinging, I felt that the detector was ever so slightly off center. I felt that the coil was not centered to the control box and the control box was slightly turned left for a better view of it? Is it me, is it the detector, or is this normal? :huh:

The pros:

1. IT IS LIGHTER>>>>THANK GOD! :clapping:

2. SEEMS TO BE BUILT BETTER THAN THE EXPLORER (TIME WILL TELL ON THIS ONE)

3. THE SCREEN IS MUCH BETTER AND BRIGHTER, FOR THOSE BRIGHT SUNNY DAYS AHEAD AND DUSK DARK WALKS OUT OF THE WOODS.

4. BALANCE IS WONDERFUL AND THE GRIP HANDLE IS AWESOME!

No cons yet, but I am sure I will find something in the days to come as no detector is perfect. Well, I hope to post some finds soon and good luck to all!

Mine is pretty much aligned straight out and I have to tilt it left at times for a better veiw... I know....I should just be listening to the tones. I am getting better with its language but I still look at the screen. And PS.. congradulations.

Thanks! I am so used to the sounds of the Minelab that I can hear a tone from a friend using an Explorer and pretty much tell him what is in the ground before he digs it. It is hard to get used to at first, but once it happens you will know what is in the ground before you look at the screen. I have hunted with a Tesoro Tejon for years and I like it, but it does not sing like my Explorer and I miss that when I hunt a new area and do not know what to expect and I end up digging alot of targets.

I hope the ETRAC is the multi use machine that I need..DEPTH + TARGET ID with TONES and LIGHTER!!!!!

Thanks again!

Wesley,

It's odd you mention you felt as though the control box was turned slightly to the left. When I assembled and started to swing for the first time, I felt mine was slightly turned as well. I only got that feeling when it was on my arm while swinging and couldn't perceive any misalignment when it was resting on a flat surface. I've had it about three weeks now, and I no longer get that feeling and haven't thought about it until you mentioned it.

Best of luck with your new machine, Brian.

I found if I loosened the cam lock on the lower shaft, straightened the coil by eyeballing it, and relocked the cam, it looked straight and stayed that way. I think the tube fitting inside the square entry point with just a small rubber bearing, allows it to be a few degrees off. Sort of like a two piece fishing pole that you put together and the eyes are not in a straight line. Give it a twist and get it straightened out. Jim

n/t

I will try this as I am waiting for the rain to stop, all summer and early fall no rain....get a new detector and the rain will not stop :surrender:

That is how I noticed it. I was walking around getting a feel for the machine and I keep saying to myself, "the thing is bent?" I would sit it down and it looked straight? :shrug: Pick it back up and that left turn was there? :unsure: Anyway, it does help when viewing screen so I can't complain to much. If this is my only problem, I will take it hands down.