Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just how good is this Machine.

I bought mine used. Someone had it and felt it was complicated, I thank them. I thought I had a handle on detecting basics. But what I found out is that the V really caused me to study and really learn what the settings did and how changes affect the performance. My Excal did the same and had me focus on what I was hearing. I feel now that my understanding is broadening based on my use of the Whites machine and the Minelab products. Advice on learning your machine is the best advice! Experiment and play with the settings and understand what the machines are telling you audibly and visually. The tools the V3 have and the settings in the hands of an experienced user who can gather information from the bells and whistles and use it will gain from its complexity.

As far as posting finds: I post on several forums and hunt with buddies here in Texas. I used to post photos and have stopped for the most part. I have found I'm more interested in learning and improving on my skills instead of gloating finds(granted, if it floats you boat, go ahead). Plus, with the government agencies becoming more sensitive to our hobby and banning it in my local area, I have chosen to go quiet with only descriptions and never where I hunt. I also rarely read post(s) on finds. I enjoy the post on the technical side and the videos showing personal settings and such.

I use both brands(Minelab and Whites) and have been outperformed by the trusty Ace 250's. Who cares about opinions on what is best? If you dont know what you are doing, it isnt going to matter that you are using the best anyhow. I learned that in golf. Tigers clubs are not going to improve your game. Learn your machine inside and out and focus on areas that have potential; roll the dice.

I love my V and learn everytime I use it. I love my Excal and If funds were available I would own an E-trac too. They each have areas where they really shine. Again, if you dont know what you are doing from the beginning, then none of the advanced machines are going to do you much good and cause you frustration.

Great post Chad, thanks.