Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just ordered 10x12 SEF Butterfly. :clapping:

RacerX

Results to follow in the coming week(s).

I'm hearing great things.

Anybody have input or tips?

I have used the 10X12 SEF quite a bit on the V3 and it does a good job covering a lot of area. I can't say that it goes any deeper than the D2 though. It is a bit heavier.

Got the 12X15 works good can not use the TX boost on mine but it does well. Wish they would come out with some that are V tuned.

Jason

I got the 10x12 butterfly and the 5.3 eclipse on the way...

n/t

JW said:
Some wishes come true... stay tuned.....

Are you replying to Jasons wish and implying we'll see a V-nulled butterfly? That would be just my luck. :lol:

Works great I like it better than the 10DD,capable of picking up very small items, but IT is heavy and you cannot use boost, can get gain max of RX 12.

JW
That would be great if the would get some V tuned SEF coil out make them a touch
lighter too while they are at it. I know I am wishing for two much now I guess.

Jason

So I FINALLY got to take the 10x12 out last night. For ME, in MY soil - I'm getting similar depth (or maybe a little more depth) than the Super 12 with MUCH better target separation. I can't find a down side to this coil other than that it likes bottle caps similar to the D2. Use of the other info can eliminate this issue though.

It really is too early to tell for sure but I think I'm really going to like this coil. No coins last night because we were working a really tough park (4 guys for 4 hours and only 2 wheats came out last night) but I did get a super old button in the 10" range. I was impressed - The button is about 3/8 inch round and came in a 'hard pan" trail through the park that had been hit a lot before. My buddy who knows his buttons thinks 1850's. Found an old clay marble about 2" above it when digging.

I'll report again when I get this coil in a park that actually has coins in it. :bouncy:

i find it interesting that, when the Vision/V3 was released, it was advertised that all DFX & MXT coils were compatible.

now it appears those coils have been made obsolete by "V-tuning"

do you guys ever find anything? (i'm serious...finds are rarely posted here)

Nah......this V3 contraption is all a big hoax Ean, you can go back to your other forum now..................:rofl:

Actually all of the DFX loops are compatible, but to be 100% compatible, they have to be V nulled to take advantage of the Boost feature where the voltage is raised from the normal 10 volts, to 30 volts at the loop. Most of the White's loops are already V nulled. Aftermarket makers are just now starting to catch up with the V3 technology. Depending on the soil composition, the Boost feature may or may not be able to be used. I can not use the boost in my ground so all of the DFX loops works fine for me. The only exception is the Bigfoot has a glitch in the 22.5 MHz frequency channel, but works fine in the single frequencies of 7.5 and 2.5 MHz.

I agree that not a lot of "finds" posts have been made on this forum, but I don't think it is because the finds are not being made. It might be that many of us have friends who use other brands of detectors and we just don't want them to feel bad.........:devil:.....:rant:.......:poke: ( No brand war here people, please.....Ean and I are old hunting buds before he moved out of the area.......

I don't hunt nearly as much as I used to due to my daytime working hours now, but my silver count is up this year and my Gold and jewelry finds are WAY up with the V. So much so, I intend to hunt for more jewelry next year instead of old silver. I'm sure it will be an old habit hard to break but determined to do it. I don't know why people don't post there finds, I know they are being made.

sangamon said:
i find it interesting that, when the Vision/V3 was released, it was advertised that all DFX & MXT coils were compatible.

now it appears those coils have been made obsolete by "V-tuning"

do you guys ever find anything? (i'm serious...finds are rarely posted here)

yes,my pulltab collection is coming along pretty good,thanks :biggrin::biggrin:

...i check in every few days, and don't see a lot of finds mentioned, but i do see a lot of tech stuff being discussed.

just curious because the V3 guys aren't interested in my used DFX coils :whites:

p. s.- i absolutely LOVE the 10x12 SEF coil on my :minelab:Explorer SE...plenty of old silver coins since mid-July!

Strangely enough, I have a SEF 10x12 coil for my V and it works with TX boost. I guess I got lucky! It seems like a great coil in my soil - just a little heavy as other folks have mentioned. I dont really notice the weight until I have been hunting about four hours or so though...:detecting:

n/t