Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just Ordered Mine....Check It Out!

I just got off the phone with Joe at RNB Innovations. I called to ask about the new ML-2900 battery pack for the Explorer/E-Trac series detectors. Joe was extremely helpful and answered all my questions, needless to say, the order was placed.

This is one item that I am seriously excited about. The E-Trac/Explorers are fantastic machines, but in a world driven by lithium batteries, the battery options for those machines just didn't cut t for me. I have wanted a lithium battery for a long time for my E-Trac and now I can have my cake, and eat it too!

Joe told me that orders should start shipping as early as next week! On their site it states that there are about 20 units left at the current introductory price of $129.99. That's a steal in my book as a standard Minelab replacement battery is already around the $100 mark.

Not only do you get about double the capacity, you also get 12 volts as opposed to 9.6 and you get a straight discharge curve rather than the fade of standard batteries. They will also sit on a shelf for a year with minimal loss in power. I don't know about you but I hate it when I put my machine in the closet, only to go on a hunt the next week and start with a half charged battery due to loss of charge from sitting. This will all be a thing of the past with these batteries.

I don't work for RNB, nor do I get anything for posting about them, I just think it's great that they decided to make something that I, and many others, can truly use to improve our detecting experience.

Check them out at: http://rnb-innovations.com/new_products.htm

As always, I will provide you with a full review as soon as I receive my battery and get a few hunts in on it.

Happy Hunting -Marc

Curious, Is that too hot voltage? Will the detector regulate it down? You must post review in a few weeks. I really like it though, sounds great.

dmckee17 said:
Curious, Is that too hot voltage? Will the detector regulate it down? You must post review in a few weeks. I really like it though, sounds great.

Hello dmckee,

Using our 12v ML-2900 Li-Ion Batt Pack will Not Harm your Etrac or any of the FBS Series Minelab Machines!

We have been testing the same ML-2900 Batt Packs in the field for almost 2 years with no problems..

When you load up Duracell Alkaline Batteries that equals 12 volts they don't hurt your Machine.

It's the Minelab 1600 & 1800 mah rechargeables that are 9.6v

I hope this answers your question..

RNB Innovations

I hit "post message" before I typed anything, sorry. But anyway, I didn't think about the alkaline's being 12v. My rechargable has been getting shorter and shorter life, so it sounds pretty good.

I'll keep you guys posted but as Joe stated above, they have tested these batteries for over two years now and the one I had when I had my V3i worked perfectly right up until the day I sold it with my machine.

Samuel- I will keep you posted with a full review, as I do with everything that I purchase. Give me a couple of weeks to put it to the test and I will get back to you with a full report.

dmckee17- The shorter and shorter life is what has always bugged me about the standard battery packs. I have always preferred lithium and have gotten them for everything that I can. As I mentioned above, the lack of a lithium option is really one of my only gripes with the E-Trac/Explorer series and thanks to Joe (RNB Innovations), all the battery issues will now be a thing of the past. I had the AW2200 battery from RNB for my V3i and it lasted forever, there honestly weren't enough hours in a day to kill it. These new batteries for the E-Trac/Explorer series have a capacity of 2900!!! Thats just ridiculous. I honestly can't wait to see how long they last. I will charge it up and let you know exactly how many hours of true hunting I get out of it hopefully next week.

Until then, take care and HH -Marc

n/t

Just ordered mine also. Will have a full report when I use it a few times. Joe was a great person to chat with, and very knowledgeable in batteries, I know I can trust his company.......nge

Thanks for the information. I just ordered one too. My battery has gone from 17 hours to about 10 hours and is fading fast.

I was also considering having batteries plus rebuild it, but have heard their rebuild is a little thicker and causes binding.

I will let you know how it goes.

Rolladex said:
Will it void the Minelab warranty?

Hello Rolladex,

We have been building Batt Packs for the Whites Machines for over 2 years and never had a problem with voiding any warranty with them..

Our Minelab Batt Packs have been tested in the field for over 18 months without fail or harm to the electronics in any of the FBS Series Detectors!

The Manual that you get with your machine will tell you not to exceed 13 volts and our ML-2900 is 12.5 volts fully charged so as long as we conform

to Minelabs Tech Specs we will not have any problems.

Our Battery Pack will not overcharge or undercharge with our Intelligent Charger that comes with the ML-2900 so you don't ever have to worry about Frying the Batt Pack....

When it's fully charged the Red LED will turn Green to let you know and the charger has automatically shut off so you don't have to keep an eye on it....

Any other Questions feel free to Call Me...

Joe 909-730-5899
RNB Innovations