Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just ordered the Ultimate 13 inch coil for the V3i

Waterdog

I am still new to the Whites V3i, but I have heard good reports on this coil so I have one on the way. Is there anything special I have to do to the machine after I hook it up? Any pointers would be welcome. :clapping:

great coil. you'll love it. mine stays on about 3/4 of the time. the 6x10 and 5.3 get the rest. I can hit a 9" dime loud and clear in my test bed with it. None of my other detectors with any coil will do it. I just set my coil setting to the 300 12". at that setting I'm within 1/2" on coins. some say to use the d2 coil setting but I found it was a couple of inches off.

Thank you for the reply John. I am waiting on the v3i to come back from whites ( Tune up ), and during that time I am getting things ready to go. I also ordered a 6x10 coil for it.:clapping:

I've had the U13 for my V3i about 2 years and it is an excellent choice for coverage and depth. I think you will find the weight and balance very favorable. I have the U13 for three different brands of detectors but have the most time with it on my V.
Good luck.

The 13" ultimate is an awesome coil. It's very stable, especially for a larger coil. It's hits a 12" quarter with accurate vdi numbers.
It also has amazing separation. I use it 75% of the time. You'll love it and good luck !

I'm new to metal detecting but I've been vigorously using my V3i every day for over a month with the stock coil. Even with my noob skills, I noticed a huge difference in the U13 the very first day I put it on. It seems like I can cover more area and I get better discrimination on coins. I may try other coils at a later date but for now, between stock and U13, the U13 will be my daily driver. Great coil for a great detector.

Happy Hunting!

john67 said:
great coil. you'll love it. mine stays on about 3/4 of the time. the 6x10 and 5.3 get the rest. I can hit a 9" dime loud and clear in my test bed with it. None of my other detectors with any coil will do [size=x-large]it. I just set my coil setting to the 300 12".[/size] at that setting I'm within 1/2" on coins. some say to use the d2 coil setting but I found it was a couple of inches off.
Hi John,
I enlarged the words above to bring attention to them. I am getting a V3i tomorrow. I have a 13" Ultimate that will work on it.
What do you mean by" setting to the 300 12"?

How does one do that?
Also, do I need to let the detector know every time I change a coil?

He's referring to loop selection of Super 12 (300 mm = 11.81 inches) in the advanced settings. This will give the most accurate depth readings during pinpoint + OR - a 1/2" with the U13 mounted.

Ytcoinshooter said:
He's referring to loop selection of Super 12 (300 mm = 11.81 inches) in the advanced settings. This will give the most accurate depth readings during pinpoint + OR - a 1/2" with the U13 mounted.

Does one need to do this every time one changes a coil? So if I put on my 13 SEF, I make changes in loop selection but then I put on a 7" coil, I need to make changes again?

The coil settings don't have any effect on performance.your depth readings will just be a little off. You will need to play with your recovery delay. Raise it to a little higher number with a larger coil. I usually run between 80 and 90 with the 13" I usually run it about 45 to 60 with the 6x10 and 30 to 45 with the 4x6. Thats what i found works best for me. The numbers will be a little different depending on what filter you are running and you sweep speed. I made a test bed in my yard about 3 years ago and it lets me play around and find the what works for me in my soil.