Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just Picked up a v3i off of craigslist dirt cheap any tips?

uselesspulltab

i went on craigslist too see if any machines were on it and nabbed a V3i for $400 with like 4 different coils and the box and everything. any tips since ive never owned a whites machine?

$ 400 is one heck of a deal. My advice would be to start off in the stock programs if you are new to the V3i. If you are comfortable with that, I'd bump the RX gain up a point or two, and lower the ground filter if your soil permits. The V3i really gets good depth even at lower settings, so you don't have to worry much about missing the good stuff!

My advise is to call Whites and the police to see if it had been reported stolen. If clear there, have Mary at the factory walk you through a master reset and set the registered name to you, load the HI Pro program and go hunting. Don't forget to read the owners manual several times and White's instructional videos are also available online at the White's site. Great machine, fantastic buy and LOTS to learn.

$400, hard to believe. :yikes:

Craigslist is the perfect "imperfect" marketplace. For every 10 wildly overpriced items, there is a shocking bargain. Some of mine:

Mitutoyo Stereo Microscope - best Japanese quality - sells for $2000 new - $50
Gold Bug 2 - perfect new comdition with 10" and 6" coils -$280
Whites Sierra Madre - needed switch -$80
Whites Eagle Spectrum like new with 2 coils and 24 new Duracell C batteries - $175
Whites GMT - needed new decals and touch up -$150
Whites XL Pro - like new $250
Tesoro original Lobo and Tesoro Sidewinder - $300 for the Pair

You Just have to keep looking!