Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just picked up a very nice Drywasher

bigelow

$150 off craigslist great deal,Made locally here in AZ. Tomorrow I take her out for her maiden voyage :)
IMG_20140409_121549_000_zps757ad332.jpg

IMG_20140409_121601_599_zps07d4f7f7.jpg

IMG_20140409_121610_802_zpsa9ca8e8f.jpg

IMG_20140409_121616_243_zpsc0ce9bfc.jpg

Also received my new Super Sluice today, like an early Xmas lol

Hoser John said:
What kind of blower did you get??John

craftsman 200 MPH blower/vac from craigslist also only $15 for that lol took it out today to a claim ran 5 buckets i will let you know if I get anything :)

WOW what a deal on it all. A feed adjustment helps much to not overfill your drywasher. Does it have ,inside the box ,a offset weight that adjusts or just a fan as never seen that brand and weights more than triples production and retention of fines? John

yeah it has the weighted fan inside, very cool drywasher very similar to a Gold Buddy as far as I can tell. I was running it so it looked to flow smoothly over the riffles where you could only see slight indentations in the dirt where it passed over them, is that too fast? should I be able to see the riffles all the time or no? Thanks for your help.

Sounds good to me thats what ya want. Too slow and you see air bubbling up and blowing out gold,too fast and flat as a fritter. Different gravels need slightly different feeds. Nice round is ez like a dredge but those slate filled feeds can be problematic. Paint some lead shot weights red and see where they end up in the riffle bed. Like a dredge/sluicebox should be in the first 3-4 riffles. On the punchplate seperator is there a foam backed tape dead spot where the riffles matchup that kills air flow under riffle ? Jim Straight is a great author who has published some great books on drywashers,methodology and prospecting in general. He has pictures of the first,and best,offset weight elliptical vibrating drywashers made by my company PESCO back in the day. We changed drywashing forever with my invention and absolutely refused to patent as all I ever wanted to see was others get more gold. A good quality facemask is a absolute necessity as Desert/ Valley fever abounds now and a horrible way to die just to dig for some gold-tons a au 2 u 2-John

Hoser John said:
Sounds good to me thats what ya want. Too slow and you see air bubbling up and blowing out gold,too fast and flat as a fritter. Different gravels need slightly different feeds. Nice round is ez like a dredge but those slate filled feeds can be problematic. Paint some lead shot weights red and see where they end up in the riffle bed. Like a dredge/sluicebox should be in the first 3-4 riffles. On the punchplate seperator is there a foam backed tape dead spot where the riffles matchup that kills air flow under riffle ? Jim Straight is a great author who has published some great books on drywashers,methodology and prospecting in general. He has pictures of the first,and best,offset weight elliptical vibrating drywashers made by my company PESCO back in the day. We changed drywashing forever with my invention and absolutely refused to patent as all I ever wanted to see was others get more gold. A good quality facemask is a absolute necessity as Desert/ Valley fever abounds now and a horrible way to die just to dig for some gold-tons a au 2 u 2-John

Thanks for all of youur advice and feedback, I dont think it has the deadspace tape but I read a bit about it and may use some duct tape on the bottom to test maybe 1/4" exposed under the riffle. Going out today ffor a bit so maybe ill try it, I will also try to look into some of Jims reads.

thanks again for your help :)

Well took it out today and this was from my first pan of cons
IMG_20140413_212302_697_zps9c4fbd02.jpg

IMG_20140413_212040_670_zpsdbe38d95.jpg

IMG_20140413_180843_659_zps3298c9bb.jpg

not alot but great start

Man alive now that stuff is small but proves it works. Did you perchance pan the center of your tailings pile. Just a check I've always done be it drywasher,dredge,highbanker or sluice as nothing is perfect especially us miners infected with the FEVER :drool: tons a au 2 u 2-John

oops it double posted, why no delete post option? oh well enjoy this wasted space :)

I ran a bit through 2 times but it seemed to be trapping well

Hoser John Ol' Friend.... Your PESCO was really smoking!!! One of the best early
constant air drywashers. Today it is still being widely copied. Last month at a
prospecting club meeting I saw a home-built-crafted example of a PESCO...

You are right about the Desert/alkali/arsenic/etc dust.. PM-10 microns.. A quality
mask is essentual!... Keep telling it as it is as your vast knowledge is well spoken; and
I for one listen and keep learning from you... tailgate jim straight

As one of minings most admirable ambassadors these words mean very much to me and thanx ol'friend for all you do, and have done all these years for miners. Take care,stay healthy and get ya some a that oro puro this summer-respectfully-John