Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just picked up an older Coiltek WOT coil and will wire for a Sovereign.

Ron from Michigan

Staff member
If my memory is correct, CoilTek WOT, Sovereign 6 pin mic connector? Pin #1 Red Pin #2 Black Pin #3 White Pin # 4 Orange. Thanks Ron

Just curious Ron..... what machine was it designed for that you have to rewire it to work on a Sov?

Dew, I checked the seller's other items that he had for sale and he had an older 800 BBS coil listed. Couldn't see a good angle in the photo to see if there were five wires instead of four to give myself more information. I have seen from one of Joe's early posts that Black was for pin #1 and Red was Pin #2 for the Swords,. Maybe I'll luck out and solder the correct pin the first time, right now I'm guessing the Excal model after the Sword, because more were manufactured. The coil was shipped from the West Coast and will arrive Monday or Tuesday of next week. Thanks

Sounds about right Ron...i put waterproof connectors on my wot coil to make them interchangeable between the excal and sovereign gt but i had the advantage of having the original sovereign connecter so after i cut it i could verify 1,2,3,4 wires via continuity test. .. i did a nel coil about a month ago but got wires crossed 1st time which caused silver the sound off low and gold to sound off high... [attachment 363315 IMG_20171217_142839893_HDR1.jpg]

The coil came in today, but after trying different wire combinations, I'm not convinced its off of a Excal or Sovereign.

Well that bites Ron. So you were just putting a connector back on? Now whats the plan???

Dew, LOL yea ,good thing I'm not playing golf, or I would take that nine iron and throw it in the pond. There has to be a way to ID this coil?, which it does have a four wire cord. Wear marks inside the coil ears indicate a lot of stress from a round washer. Maybe after all the research and working all the pin combinations it will still be a mystery coil. Thanks

Dew found the problem. Took the glued scuff cover off and looked under the hood, found the Grand Canyon going across the coil. Lesson learned always check the bottom of the coil without the scuff cover before buying. Only paid 46.00, was able to savage the cord. I think the WOT may be prone to cracks probably wise to buy a new one. LOL you usually get what you pay for. Thanks for the information.

Ron from Michigan said:
Dew, I checked the seller's other items that he had for sale and he had an older 800 BBS coil listed. Couldn't see a good angle in the photo to see if there were five wires instead of four to give myself more information. I have seen from one of Joe's early posts that Black was for pin #1 and Red was Pin #2 for the Swords,. Maybe I'll luck out and solder the correct pin the first time, right now I'm guessing the Excal model after the Sword, because more were manufactured. The coil was shipped from the West Coast and will arrive Monday or Tuesday of next week. Thanks

A pristine sword board, untouched. Sword with horseshoe coil wired. And sorry to hear about the wot...I love reading those old post with BB sailor and his Wot.