Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just received the 800

So now what compadres? Where should I start learning? I'm a 90% CW relic hunter...

Park 1 or Field1 to start? I'm excited but unsure about if I should do the update or reverse to the previous version.

Thanks in advance,
Bubba

Print and read the manual, then re-read it.
I take some pages into the field to test and that has helped me plenty.
I like park 2 as well.
You can try each setting out in the field and see which one suits your sites.

I prefer the field modes jmo the interesting thing about field one is it was designed to run well in coke infested sites. We burnt a lot of coal here in the Midwest so it is my go to mode 95 % of the time.
Jeff

I've had a Nox since they first hit the US. I never use the Park 1 or Field 1 modes. I find Park 2 and Field 2 to be the best for me. If you have the 800, some like the VCO audio of the Gold modes and say it is deeper than the other modes. I didn't like the audio in those modes though. 95% of the time I run Park 2.

I purchased the 600 from my local dealer who is a long time relic hunter in Cold Harbor. He tells me the best settings for relics, at least in our area is Field 2, just tweek the other settings to your preference. I haven't been out yet, hopefully this weekend and will give it a shot. Good luck!

Thank you all. What do you think about Main settings are park 2
Multi Frequency
Iron Bias 2
Sweep speed 6
5 tone

bubbadirect said:
Thank you all. What do you think about Main settings are park 2
Multi Frequency
Iron Bias 2
Sweep speed 6
5 tone

Have you read the owners manual yet? Do you understand when and why to change sweep speed and iron bias settings?

# of tones is personal preference and has no impact on function or ability.

This was my MD buddy suggestions. I've been reading and studying all morning. :thumbup:

Now I am a new 800 owner and by no means do I have tons of hours with this thing yet but I would definitely start with Park 2, Field 2 to get a feel for the thing.
I am not a relic hunter either but what I do hunt in is the SE., an area of the country with a lot of mineralization and where I live tons of extra iron.
My devil dirt is bad, it pretty much limits depth a lot...in some areas we can get deeper maybe down to 6-8" but signals are usually screwed up to the hilt on just about anything much past 5".
Masking is a huge issue here, I found that is a layer of great targets at about 4-6" that has been missed by every one over the years because masking is such an issue.
At some sites where it looks like it might be better black dirt and not even the red stuff looks can be deceiving, a buddy and I buried a quarter about 7" deep and neither of us could hit it.
Not a peep using an AT Pro or my F70 both with big coils.
I tried every setting I could think of including all metal with all settings maxed.

The reason I tell you all of this is to give you an idea of how bad it can get around here in our dirt.

Now the other day I was running around using my 800 and I was using Gold 2, I chose that just to mess around and get an idea of how well this thing could deal with the mineralization we have using a mode designed for mineralization.
Sense wasn't super high, I don't think it was even past 20, reactivity was on 4 or 5, iron bias was on 1, ferrous on 0.
Annnnd I was using the tiny sniper coil.

I got a signal, very jumpy from lower to the 30's but it read real deep, I got curious and went after it just to see how deep it was.
On the way down I dug 2 rusty nails, common around here, but there was still something deeper so I kept going.
Finally, at pretty much the 10" level I dug the house nozzle you see below.
Totally falling apart and brittle on the outside because it had been down there for a long, long time.
Still, I was thrilled there was something down there that deep and shocked I could get a reading on it in my dirt with that teeny, tiny coil.

Definitely learn your new rig well and try the normal relic modes but one day switch to the gold settings and see what this thing can do.
If I hunted for relics this would definitely be a mode I would be using.

What page in the manual does it explain what you stated? Sweep speeds and iron bias?

Please let me know, I'll re-read those pages.