Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just some observations today.

Dr.Deus

I was hunting in the woods today in an area littered with deep iron. the CTX was telling me that all the iron was at about 10 inches or more.. My sensitivity using auto +3 dropped down between 14-19. I tried using ferrous coin separation but it seemed useless because the iron was so deep. The ferrous coin setting was giving me a permanent 12-40 12-38 hovering in that area pretty much every time i used this setting. I switched over to try the ground coin separation, in combined audio, enabled Ground balance and did a noise cancel. WOW what a difference it made. It completely silenced the deep iron but was still able to pull up targets that reached down to about 6-7 inches above all the deep iron. even with the sensitivity under 20. Not much to speak of in a way of finds but i managed to pull up some clad and a 1907 beat up indian head penny. Don't know if i was using the right settings but it handled pretty good. HH

Zues I also noted the same thing where I hunt while using FC. I have since stopped using FC since I hunt by sound and I noticed a lot of falsing with FC.

jimzilla said:
Zues I also noted the same thing where I hunt while using FC. I have since stopped using FC since I hunt by sound and I noticed a lot of falsing with FC.
Yeah jim it was strange. I used FC at another site, an old school and it works pretty good because all the iron is shallow.

thanks for the update :) have noticed that also falsing on deep iron with FC might try what you did Dr.Deus see how it goes.

so many settings to mess around with its good but can also be frustrating learning and knowing what to use where :unsure:

Digga03 said:
thanks for the update :) have noticed that also falsing on deep iron with FC might try what you did Dr.Deus see how it goes.

so many settings to mess around with its good but can also be frustrating learning and knowing what to use where :unsure:
Yeah i mean it worked really well..like i said before my sensitivity was really low on auto +3 but if you swing real slow you can hit the deep ones. I figured since gonehunting is experimenting with Ferrous coin combined mode, earthmansurfer is experimenting with 50co settings, i figured because i am able to hunt in an area where ground coin was working best for me so i can report back and let you guys know how it turned out and what works best for that type of hunting environment. HH