Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just upgraded from an Explorer II

JodyReb

I just upgraded to the CTX3030 this weekend from an Explorer II that was still finding treasure on a regular basis. I haven't had a chance to read much on the new detector yet but was wondering, "Is there an equivalent to the Iron mask"? I know I have to learn this new detector but was just curious of this. I have ordered Andy Sabish's book but it has not arrived yet. I appreciate all the posts and tips you guys share. I'll definitely be visiting old sites I haven't been to in a while. Happy Hunting to you all and please keep posting those tips. Thanks, JodyReb

what's iron mask ? is that a setting ?

ctx is a different beast can run a full open screen no need to run any disc or iron mask :biggrin:

but its still a FBS machine so it likes to try and make iron silver , but pretty sure just the speed increase from the explorer will have you some finds from spots the explorer would conk out on.

AJ

Thanks for the reply and advice amberjack. I need all the encouragement I can get right now. Am excited to have the new detector. :)

JodyReb said:
Thanks for the reply and advice amberjack. I need all the encouragement I can get right now. Am excited to have the new detector. :)

good to be excited JodyReb makes life worth getting out of bed for :biggrin: let us know how you get on with the ctx.

AJ

Yeah? I've got 2 Explorer2's....still got a CTX. It is remarkably easy to get around the menu and adjust stuff. I used the stock silver program for the first few hunts and KILLED the coins. Then I went to some other "well known" settings and KILLED it some more. It's hard NOT to find stuff. I've found most iffy signals are junk. YMMV. Glad you're excited,I am!! Love my Explorers though,just love all the Minelab stuff,in a league of its own. I was a die hard Whites guy and still have my modified IDXPro....just in a different league,and at those prices,they should be!
Good luck with it,you'll love it.

but its still a FBS machine so it likes to try and make iron silver , but pretty sure just the speed increase from the explorer will have you some finds from spots the explorer would conk out on.

AJ

This is true however the ctx has 4 different modes to go through at a touch of the button to decipher , ferrous coin 1 and 2 user button high trash 1 and 2 and target trace giving 5 different ways to analyze the target . I had the explorer 2 for 8 or 9 years great machine but the CTX has so much more to offer checking and deciphering signals , faster processor you will notice this right away more stable in operation and the balance compared to the 2 is so good you will not becoming home with a sore arm .sube