Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just want to say hello

Rosco

Hello everyone, I've been visiting this forum as a quest for some time and reading up on all the information I could find on the V3I. I am certainly new to this hobby and have jumped in with both feet with this first detector but I think I am up to the challenge after years of researching, reading and wishing I could find the time. I guess if one is going to take the plunge why not with the best from the start . One of my other hobbies is visiting and researching some cool places as I travel for employment extensively throughout Ontario and Quebec and I now have the the luxury to stop and smell the roses more frequently.
Check out this web site for some interesting places in Ontario. www.ontarioabandonedplaces.com

I'm excited again and waiting for delivery but I know there's lot to learn before I get to wet so thanks for all of your previous posts and all help and advice is greatly appreciated.

My hunting buddy is called Princess and as you can see she may not be as excited as I am.

Welcome to the hobby, Rosco.

Life certainly can be sweeter and filled with greater interests when you take the time to pause, and smell the roses.

[attachment 175053 Spring2010.jpg]

I hope that your detecting discoveries will be stimulating and thought provoking.

The 'historical opinion' of any artifact you recover, even if only speculative, can be mentally invigorating.

Here in the UK, the chances of finds being at least a century old are numerous, but still require a concerted effort to acquire.

[attachment 175054 V3.jpg]

I prefer history's 'bric-a-brac' rather than coins, for they relate more to a person's life-style.

I hope you have lots of success with your new detector, and if we can help, then feel free to ask.

p.s. The first picture is a snap of a some of this Spring's flowers in a corner patch of our garden, only wish that I could add their perfume to the post. Believe me, when I say that they will soon be able to do that, such is the pace of technological progress.

The second scene is a recent shot of a detecting venue, but dampened by the Autumn weather now upon us here in the UK.

I dream of visiting Canada...

Also....Regards to your fluffy friend! TheMarshall

Welcome to the forum and the hobby Ross, I can see many loonies and toonies in your future. :clapping:

Welcome Ross, your change adds up faster then ours, but then I don't need a change purse either.:canadaflag: Rob