Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Keep your head up out there

KinTN

http://www.nwcn.com/story/news/local/2016/01/19/mini-tsunami-along-washington-coast-caught-camera/79040658/

We experienced this not long ago on a beach we detect in England.We were following the tide out and all of a sudden,we would experience a large surge coming up the beach that would nearly reach the top of the beach.This happened more than once in the time we were detecting and eventually stopped us searching down by the low tide line.
My friend who is a surfer said he had never seen the tide behaving like this before.
It just goes to show that you are right to tell people to be vigilant while searching the beach by the sea.......thanks for the info.

Hi guys, yes here in England on Devon's north coast we have a 10 metre tidal range! When there's a storm out there some of the tidal surges are huge! Gotta be so careful on those midnight low tide hunts... Even when the tides going out they can really push a lot of water up the beach

Hi merlin.......good to see you back on the forum........get posting some of them finds bud.:thumbup:

I know what you are talking about. I am also a surf fishing angler. I do most of my fishing at night. I have put myself in some bad situations. I go mostly in the fall & spring, this is when the Strippers run on the east coast. I was caught by some unexpected waves.Lucky to have a belt on to stop the water from fill my boots up..As you can imagine it is hard to see a wave at night. There were times when the water seemed perfectly calm, then out of know where a large wave would crash in on you. In November & Dec. the water temp. in NJ goes around 45 to 50 degrees. You don't want to get wet when it is below freezing air temp.
.This can happen in broad daylight while metal detecting the wet sand just as easily.

Jim

I have had similar experiences on the East Coast, U S A. On a High tide a Large Freighter was leaving thru the channel, it must have been 300 feet long, and it pushed the waves along way. I almost lost my foot traction when it was coming in. It produced a strong tide going out from the high water mark.