Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

kfz question

LTimedigger

For those of you who have worked with the E-trac/CTX do you have a preference for the "combined" frequency which works much like these FBS machines, or do you prefer the single or multiple single frequency feature more? Just curious.

Multi-freq every time unless I'm trying to deal with bad EMI

Multi frequency 90% percent of the time. But if I’m having problems with EMI I sometimes change to single freq (10khz) and that helps on EMI.
With multi I find more stuf and goes deeper.
The NOX is more sensitive than other units on the market and that is why in my opinion why it is finding more stuff that others pass over. You just have to deal with it.

Doug

Multi unless I have no other choice due to extreme EMI or ground mineralization.

Jeff

LTime, I used the Explorer II and loved it.

I use Multi about 95 % of the time. I switch over for EMI or a double check of signal.

Tony

You guys may think I'm crazy but in my soil which is mineralized red clay 5 khz goes deeper than the Multi frequency option. I still use multi but I wonder if I'm missing stuff while using it.

88junior, that’s interesting to me because one field I hunt has red clay, and it’s deep. Has to be at least ten inches.

Next time I’ll try the 5 for a bit but I still think no matter what you choose this machines gets the goods.

Tony

For coin hunting, which is what I personally do, Multi is the “best”. Why? Because multiple frequencies analyze the signal more thoroughly and provide more precise TID. If I switch to a single freq(usually 10khz to get out of my local EMI type) I start digging every bottle cap known to man....it can’t tell the difference. In Multi, it knows. This is why the similarly configured FBS machines of the past are such good coin hunters also.
For general use hunting...Multi.

Right on!-----
IDXMonster said:
For coin hunting, which is what I personally do, Multi is the “best”. Why? Because multiple frequencies analyze the signal more thoroughly and provide more precise TID. If I switch to a single freq(usually 10khz to get out of my local EMI type) I start digging every bottle cap known to man....it can’t tell the difference. In Multi, it knows. This is why the similarly configured FBS machines of the past are such good coin hunters also.
For general use hunting...Multi.

88junior said:
You guys may think I'm crazy but in my soil which is mineralized red clay 5 khz goes deeper than the Multi frequency option. I still use multi but I wonder if I'm missing stuff while using it.

That simply cant be true. Its been proven over and over that the multi goes deeper ESPECIALLY when hunting in mineralized soils. One of the reasons for the delay in releasing the EQX was because they found out that the multi beat the 20 and 40 khz singles in gold hunting. Gold mode was originally going to be the single high freqs but they had to change it when the field testers found it. The testers also found that the multi modes were deeper than the singles when coin hunting mineralized ground.

The very design of the multi mode is that the detector is looking at the ground response and comparing it across multiple channels in order to remove it from the analyzed target signal. This is why for most grounds, the designers say to leave the GB at 0, and that if you are hunting in any single freq that you must use the GB adjustment for best depth.

Jason in Enid said:
88junior said:

That simply cant be true. Its been proven over and over that the multi goes deeper ESPECIALLY when hunting in mineralized soils. One of the reasons for the delay in releasing the EQX was because they found out that the multi beat the 20 and 40 khz singles in gold hunting. Gold mode was originally going to be the single high freqs but they had to change it when the field testers found it. The testers also found that the multi modes were deeper than the singles when coin hunting mineralized ground.

The very design of the multi mode is that the detector is looking at the ground response and comparing it across multiple channels in order to remove it from the analyzed target signal. This is why for most grounds, the designers say to leave the GB at 0, and that if you are hunting in any single freq that you must use the GB adjustment for best depth.

You come across as calling me a liar. I tell you what come to my house and I will let you try and get a 10" dime buried in my test bed using Multi frequency and I guarantee you won't hit it but when you switch to 5 khz it will hit it every time. I'm no newbie to detecting and I know how to get the best performance out of any machine I have ever used.

take a chill pill there junior. :rolleyes: nobodys calling you a "liar". If I lived anywhere close to you, I'd be happy to compare machines, settings and responses. What I am saying is that your claim is against every other experience.

I agree. Everyone has different opinions and remember there are different seton these machines and not everyone is running theirs the same.
We are here to have fund her and enjoy our sport and that helps getting away from the real world. Believe me I have made some mistakes here and blunders .
So just enjoy.
Your Friend
Doug

That simply cant be true. Statement from you seems like you are saying that I'm a liar... I'll do a YouTube video and share the link on here so you can see what I'm talking about and prove that the 5khz is deeper in my dirt than Multi frequency.

I believe you Morgan!-----You have been a good forum friend for many years & I have always know you to be an upstanding/honest individual.---Perhaps the key phrase here is "in my dirt".-----------Del