Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Kicking another forgotten swimming hole till it spits goodies...

Ytcoinshooter

null_zps91e7fa6e.jpg
Thursday began with a 1941 D, she's been used but not abused! I was getting mostly signals that bounced from iron to the coin range and I was hardly moving to isolate what may be a goodie next to iron. Any audio overshoot or edge effect from iron was checked from all sides. You know how sometimes ya get careless? I plunged my digger off to the side of the signal levered it up and a pile of stuff flipped and the 1/2 was beside the hole. Fortunately I didn't damage it.
null_zpsc26afd93.jpg
null_zpsb58fed6f.jpg

I dug the iron signal next to it and got a large nut that is heavy and more than an inch square. It's the third walker from the same site within a week.
5 silver coins and everything you see here are from Thursday's four hour beep n dig fest.
null_zps845aff9e.jpg
The little 10 K ring
null_zps5e90e73d.jpg

was made in Providence RI by OB Jewelry Ostby and Barton Gold Rings. I have the stone that came out while cleaning it up. The ID bracelet is the heaviest one I've found.
null_zps0240faff.jpg
It is engraved on the reverse "NANCY 1948" but I can't make out the owner / recipient on the front. Wheats to the right of the pic, memorial cents and clad dimes on the lower left. A couple of Indian nickels are in there. Lots of curiosities turned up incl the "Firestone" tag with "Jerry" on it. It has the just "Jerry" on the other side.
null_zps561cf150.jpg
Anyone know more about the Firestone tag? All finds were made with my ATP & a small 5x8" coil in an iron infested site. Nails, bolts & screws in plain sight lots more beneath the surface with large iron in all forms, pipes, pieces of sign posts, bolts, oar locks and more. I've been going over this site with both the ATP & V3i fitted with the eclipse 6x10". In addition to digging out some iron I may try a 5" coil on my Sov GT, I'm concerned anything bigger, even the S8 may cause too much nulling there. It's a long walk to carry two detectors but doable.
This is turning out to be one of my best months. I count a month as the time between detecting club meetings.
32 silver coins incl 3 walkers, 6 silver rings, 4 gold rings and plenty of nice surprises like that big sterling ID bracelet quickly come to mind. Days like I've recently had never get old.
HH - Bruce

great finds yt.... amazing how many of those walkers pop up... years ago I found a similar amount of silver in a drained out swimming pond,,, all silver I found was under the diving board area.... I think the kids years ago would throw silver coins into the water and then dive in to retrieve them just as a game.... nice variety ... congrats..

That is fantastic. they have been swimming across the river here for decades and Ihave never pulled anything out of that place.

Awesome finds. Way to work it!

bootyhoundpa said:
great finds yt.... amazing how many of those walkers pop up... years ago I found a similar amount of silver in a drained out swimming pond,,, all silver I found was under the diving board area.... I think the kids years ago would throw silver coins into the water and then dive in to retrieve them just as a game.... nice variety ... congrats..
I know exactly what you are saying. Another different place I've been working was a public swim area and had a diving board area. The concentration of silver, wheats and jewelry under the diving spot was staggering. Not a single clad coin with memorial cents being scarce by ratio. Now most of the audible signals are now beyond wading reach even with the lake drawn down for winter. I keep trying to weigh my options to go after more in deeper water.

Great selection of finds! I wish there were some swimming holes around here......all we have are cement ponds. Once again......super saves, hope you get lots more!!

Excellent ! :beers:

Now you have a sweet spot there. I would hit it real hard... KEN

Man.....What a solid post! :please::please: you are absolutely killing it in an area that was too tough to get to or hunt with all that iron in it..Monstrous silver, and good old gold! Strong finish place for the year for you Bruce...damn good hunting!:clapping::beers:
Mud