Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Kind of a unique situation...

Ray Hogan

Well, I'm ordering a new Etrac this week. Most of the local areas around me have been pounded and although there might be some "virgin" ground every once in a while, most is trashy or heavily worked over. So, I'm going to try an Etrac and eventually slowly work over areas that other hunters have given-up on. However, back on January 7th I broke the heel of my left foot, and after yesterday's Doctor visit, I still have four more weeks on crutches and no weight on that foot. Anyway, since I'm "trapped", I thought it might be a good time to get an Etrac and maybe between having it to "bench test" and with the (I think) available emulator, try to learn the machine as much as I can until I can get back out. So, I'm very appreciative of the posts you guys put up and, whatever you do, try not to take "just being able to walk" for granted, ha. Ray in Waco, Texas.

sorry to hear about your situation. I know it's the little things we take for granted sometimes. I guess on the bright side it will give you plenty of time to learn the machine. If you don't already since you are down for a while it probably be a good time to read Andy's book . I am very new with the E-Trac myself (had it almost a week now) but I will say it is a great in depth read. Maybe by the time your up and walking again you will have some of your learning curve behind you. I am trying to learn the machine myself but I know it will just take patience and time. Hope you have a speedy recovery and get well soon

DD in GA

I wouldnt try to dive in it and adjus to much of the setting at first. If this is your first Minlab machine. I would stay with the stock programs and on auto sens for a good 30 hours in the field. Dig everything repeatable.

I would for sure get Andy Sabisch's book and study it.

NebTrac

Remember this dig on the 12 line. Nickels are 12-12, 13 sometimes, mostly 12-12, Silver will fall in the 12-44-48 range. That is just two examples for you now. Study the manual & Andy's Book for more information. HH...Jesse.

I sure hope your heel heals up fast. Yeah, this would be a good time to get Andy's book and study it. That book has helped me out a lot. I still refer back to it often. Speedy Recovery!