Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Knife framed Silver and Copper +Silver Knife

Rolladex

Well last two hunts went great. Here is the good stuff. Five silvers 1942 merc,1947D rosie,1962 rosie, 1 Sterling silver knife and earring, three Indians 1886,1898,1908, seventeen wheat's 1916-1958, One 2 Ore swiss coin, a Tangee Rouge Compaq, and four rusty pocket knifes. PS G4E I found three of those leaded marbles? LOL Looks like these were the last hunts of the year. Hope everybody had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Very admirable finds Rolladex! :thumbup: They say location is everything. That holds true in THing also, that's for sure.

FWIW at one time, before the advent of stainless steel they made, or possibly still make for the more affluent, folding knives out of solid silver. Yep, blade and all! They were used for cutting fruit, as the blade was much more resistant to corrosion from the acids in fruit than the earlier plain carbon steel blades. I'd bet any self respecting orchard owner/manager wouldn't be caught without one.

HH & HNY

Love the sterling knife. Congrats and HH

Interesting finds and valuable info on the solid silver fruit knives.

you greet to everybody and good year
the MD is the + beautiful fun of my life, has begun now 34 years ago in March I have 78 years and my hunting it is alone for 3/4 hours, then to feel tired, when also begun 10 12 hours and no tired
I have 2 nephews however nobody likes our hobby, I hope for one day they will appreciate all the objects that I have in collection, if they won't like it + he/she will return everything in garbage or if they will find buyer they will sell (I hope of no) to spend for other them fun
my emajl is i1jan@fastwebnet.it
Algerio Bergonzo near city Turin north /est Italy

Great finds - congrats !

I also like the sterling knife. It's unique...good finds.

You have a beautiful collection of artifacts that anyone should be proud of!! Maybe someday your nephews will come to appreciate what they have in you. Wishing you the very best of everything in the coming new year!!

Stay safe!!

i1jab said:
you greet to everybody and good year
the MD is the + beautiful fun of my life, has begun now 34 years ago in March I have 78 years and my hunting it is alone for 3/4 hours, then to feel tired, when also begun 10 12 hours and no tired
I have 2 nephews however nobody likes our hobby, I hope for one day they will appreciate all the objects that I have in collection, if they won't like it + he/she will return everything in garbage or if they will find buyer they will sell (I hope of no) to spend for other them fun
my emajl is i1jan@fastwebnet.it
Algerio Bergonzo near city Turin north /est Italy