Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Koss Headphones

moseng

I have an E-Trac on it's way! I was wondering if the Koss phones that are included have a volume control? I will use them until I get a better (different) pair if so. If not... then I will be scrambling for a new pair sooner I think.

Thanks

They sound good, fit my ears good but the ear part will twist so that they fall off your head. A couple of drops of good glue on each side will stop that.

I've used both plus Killer Bees. The Grey Ghosts are significantly better. You can hear sounds more clearly, built like a truck, and are comfortable. My Koss's are still wrapped in the package they came in. They have the volume controls and a switch that helps match impedance for the different brand of detector so you can have them electronically match any machine you have. Regards...Jim

My first high end set of headphones were Grey Ghost, they ended up in the shop more than on my head.
I finally got rid of them and got a set of Rat Phones, so far (2 years) no problem and the sound quality is very good.
I also have a pair of Koss. I keep them as back-ups.

got my e-track last week and the phones dont have a control on them and they are really big. I ordered a pair of the jolly rogers with it so i just put the Koss away for a backup pair.

grumpyolman said:
I've used both plus Killer Bees. The Grey Ghosts are significantly better. You can hear sounds more clearly, built like a truck, and are comfortable. My Koss's are still wrapped in the package they came in. They have the volume controls and a switch that helps match impedance for the different brand of detector so you can have them electronically match any machine you have. Regards...Jim

rbholt80 said:
got my e-track last week and the phones dont have a control on them and they are really big. I ordered a pair of the jolly rogers with it so i just put the Koss away for a backup pair.

Hmmm???? :stars::confused::stars: A little confused if the Koss phones have volume adjustments or not now?? Anyway, think I'm going with GG Ultimates or Killer Bees Hornet

moseng----The headphones that come with the Etrac (& other Explorers) are the Koss UR-30 headphones---and no, they defintely DO NOT have volume control knobs (which to me makes no sense).---I asked a Minelab rep. once--why in the world they were turning out such expensive machines with headphones with no volume control knobs?---His reply was: Koss wouldn't make them with volume knobs for them (Minelab).-----HUH???-- MAN OH MAN!!!----If that's the case, maybe Minelab better find another supplier of headphones.----I think the UR-30's are good enough h.p.'s but I won't use them because of this--I also like a 90 degree plug on my h.p.'s.----The guys give you some names of good headphone brands.--I'm with Ray, I like the Sunray Pro Golds best (but that's just me).----Del

Thanks Del. I do have a set of headphones with volume controls but they are just not up to the caliber of the E-Trac (apparently neither are the Koss that come with it) but I will use them until I can decide which phones work best for me. Like my decision on the E-Trac, some research is needed I think. As for the Sun Ray Pro Golds, I have heard a lot of good things about them, but I have also read some folks having problems with them cutting out due to loose wiring after a bit of use. In any event, I think I hope to be hunting with some people soon anh they all use different headphones, most of which have been mentioned. Hopefully I can try them out to see which ones I like. Thanks again for clearing up the Koss question.

I've been using the Koss UR-30's for years...They are Great headphones.
Why do you need a volume control? You can adjust the E-Trac volume.
HH,
MT
Tom

MT said:
I've been using the Koss UR-30's for years...They are Great headphones.
Why do you need a volume control? You can adjust the E-Trac volume.
HH,
MT
Tom

I was under the impression from reading here and I "think" in a book that one should keep the volume maxed out on the E-trac so that the faint tones come through. Of course I could be wrong. I like the volume on the phones so I can turn one side down if I need to hear around me. Just a preference there.

Can't remember for sure but I think it was on the Ratphone website that they have a really good techinical explanation about what makes headphones good or bad, from some pretty smart folks. It isn't just a come on to buy their phones. I may have confused stuff the way I wrote my origifinal response. I should have said the GG have the volume control and the way it reads it sounds like I stated the Koss do. Sorry! My bad!.. Jim

[size=medium]I use the Koss UR-30 headphones that came with my E-Trac.

They do a good job.

Give 'em a try; I think you'll be satisfied with their performance.[/size]