Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

koss unity gain amplifier

stasys

hello aybody can explain me how works koss unity gain amplifier? just like simple amplifier or something more?

Sounds like a linear amplifier with low,mid and high range control. Problems I see with it is it will amplify noise along with the signal. My detector (MXT) has several built in amplifiers but also has noise filters. I use headphones with a volume control to turn down the volume a bit. Most metal detectors don't need more volume (amplification), they need more noise filters so you can hear those faint signals. Hope this helps you out.

Thank you JohninNC. I thought it can cut high sounds too to make it more in one range with low, or make deep targets sound the same like shallow , like GAIN on my Minelab Explorer, but if its works like simple amplifier and works just what you said JohnNC its absolutely not worth to use.

Doc's Treasure Amp Works on several Minelabs PI machines and the Excalibur In the PP mode.......does not work on my XS or SE..Dual field, Infininum, DFX, PulsePower, Sovereign..Have tried a couple different Amps and Doc's is the best.., Next to no back ground noise cranked up

When the threshold is very low on the excal there are still targets there as your swinging, you just don't hear them because they are covered by the low threshold, Doc's Amp pulls these deep targets up from the unheard area of the extremely low threshold..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zRgGkmgsSY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8v0lBff1lU