Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Kruzer’s first outing.....the iron pit.

IowaRelic

Got a Multi Kruzer from a forum member. Hit my all time favorite site, along with my hunting partner. I discovered this site and am the only person to hunt it as it’s on our property. It’s been hunted 100s of times with the Vaquero, T2se, and Gold Bug Pro. All of these machines were using small concentric and DD coils less than 6” diameter. Area is around 100’ square. Incredibly dense iron concentration. Plowed field.
Settings were 3 tone 89 gain 0 disc 0 isat 1 notch 20 kHz, tracking off, stock 11x7 coil
Here’s what the Kruzer pulled from the bed of square nails and spikes. Keep in mind I’ve already recovered 1000’s of other non ferrous targets over 7 years. I also found perhaps 100 more non ferrous target with the Kruzer. It’s performance has led me to replace the T2 as primary machine.
2D2D3D4B-7AEF-4CA0-9270-4D9862F90AA6.jpeg
19495B88-7C3D-41D0-B8E3-471312E1FCA8.jpeg
978049D7-2A89-45E3-BB56-77A352CEFC0F.jpeg
0CEF06FE-8254-491D-BE29-FD84569DCE9A.jpeg
07969B6C-FE9B-4964-9222-1A3D78EBD1EB.jpeg
A46AD1D9-85E6-497D-B4BF-EA0CBE031DD3.jpeg

You had your Kruzer set up just as I would have used mine in a super trashy site. After running the gain at 89 for speed go back over the same area with the gain set as high a possible for that area. Once you go above 89 the depth increases dramatically at the cost of some separation.
While the Simplex is a lot of detector for the money, I don't think it can compare to the Kruzer in really trashy sites. It's definitely not as fast as the Kruzer in the testing I've done. The smaller coils on the Kruzer can really pull non-ferrous out of trash.
Great finds by the way!

I knew you deserved that Kruzer more than I did!! Great job!

I tested the 5" round on that machine and it was like a laser beam, very focused and crisp. That one should be top notch for picking among the iron scrap. I saved that coil to adapt to my Impact.

Although I thought that the Kruzer could be set up to be a little hotter and faster than the Impact, I settled on Impact because of the ergonomics with my old thumb injury.

Excelsior button is an especially neat find, for IOWA yet!

The 5” round or 7x4 DD is on my list at some point. For now, I’m back in lower Alabama and won’t be needing a small coil right away. Depth is king here. It will be 8 months to a year before I get to revisit my field sites.

Great hunt. Couple of questions. What do you think was going on there in that 100' square area back then? And have you ever, or thought of plowing or roto tilling a site up like that? I do a lot of hunting but all on mowed fields. So I have zero experience on relic hunting a site like yours.
Thanks for any input.
Dancer

it was just a frontier era homesite. 1830s most likely burnt around 1880-1900. It was likely frequented by the core of engineers folks from about 1871-1877. They were carrying out a canal project on the upper Mississippi River at the time. It is to this day my all time favorite site to hunt.

I should add that it’s been disced every tear for a century or more. And it was deep chisel plowed last spring. The next step is to dig pits and sift it. Problem is I now live half way across the country.