Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Kruzer Accessory coils on their way!!

Tom Slick

I received an email this morning showing that my two accessory coils for my Multi Kruzer have been shipped. They are scheduled to arrive next Thursday 4/5. I'm not a big fan of the Standard 7x11" coil anywhere except large open areas like soccer fields and beaches. Most of my detecting with the Kruzer is in iron infested sites so the smaller coils will be a much need addition.

The Kruzer coils are sold out now, and the next batch will be coming in a couple of weeks. I waited too long.,

Lucky for you! I've checked kellyco daily for the last 3-4 weeks. The screen protector and coils I want have been listed as preorder. On top of it they're no help as to when they will get the stuff!
I won't use my Multi until I can get a cover for it. It's killing me in the closet!

That’s where my three coils, and lower rods came from. I bought Racer lower rods for $17 each as the Kruzer rods being carbon fiber are $30 ea.

I have a 7" concentric on pre-order from metaldetector.com. They told me today that they're expecting the coils to come in at end of this week and ship out early next week.

Hello... just wanted to give you an update:

www.metaldetector.com shipment has been delivered.
Kellyco shipment is leaving the factory today and should be in their warehouse sometime next week.

Hope this helps...

Tom Slick said:
That’s where my three coils, and lower rods came from. I bought Racer lower rods for $17 each as the Kruzer rods being carbon fiber are $30 ea.

Tom do the Racer 2 rods work in the MK?

I have a new spare, might be the ticket to mount the spare 4.5x7" Impact coil I have after selling my Impact Pro kit turned into standard kit :detecting: (that's a great coil for iron!).

I haven’t actually installed a Racer rod on the Kruzer but I measured the Racer for and it’s the same width at the coil mount end and length as the Kruzer Rod, so I’m sure it will fit.

That was using my Nail Board and I replaced the Indian Head Cent with an 1836 Capped Bust Half-Dime, That was in March of last year. Oregon Gregg and I used a Racer, Racer 2, CoRe, Relic and Impact and all the smaller coils they offered ... then. We had a few surprises as we evaluated all the models with all the different search coils and two or three accessory coils Gregg had on-hand.

I had used the 4X7½ DD Impact coil for some urban Coin Hunting and it did fine in typical modern trashy conditions. When it came to the 'tough challenge' we did, the Impact and 4X7½ DD came in last getting 4, maybe almost 5ish hits out of a possible 8. The Racer & Racer 2, using the small 'OOR' DD coil, gave us a 2nd surprise as that combination only gave us about 5 or maybe 6 out of 8 hits on the Half-Dime. Those same models using the round 5" DD that came with the Racer 2 produced 7 out-of-8 as did the Relic w/5" DD.

The overall winner when, using a factory manufactured search coil, was the CoRe w/OOR' DD as it was the only one to give 8-out-of-8 hits. I kept the 4X7½ DD only for use in Coin Hunting sessions. Gregg reported the results on the ahrps org forums and that got me an e-mail and phone call from Dilek. In less than a month I had the prototype sample 5" DD for the Impact mounted and put it to the test against all the others, again, in the same scenario and it gave performance about on par with the Relic, Racer and Racer 2 using their 5" DD coils. The 5" DD for the Impact was soon in production.

Today I mainly use the 7" Concentric as a general-purpose coil on the Impact and the 5" DD when I get into a dense iron contaminated environment. I used all my Impact coils on the Multi-Kruzer and found it also displayed the better performance with the 5" DD in really dense nail and other ferrous based trash.

Just my experiences with those coils, and for the Multi-Kruzer the only two accessory coils I want are the 7" Concentric and 5" DD to handle almost all my needs with that model.

Monte

[size=small]PS: Gregg & I also tried a couple of different brands/models and none matched the performance of the CoRe w/'OOR' DD. We also tried some aftermarket search coils and that left me a little surprised, too, because the NEL Snake and Sharp DD coils also produced 8-out-of-8 hits when mounted on his Racer 2. All detectors used comparable settings as well.[/size]

Wow Monte what a great post. I know for a fact I want the 7" concentric but never thought of using it as a everyday coil. I can't wait to get my hands on one and try it.

Still waiting on my 7” concentric from metaldetector.com. I see they’re in stock but haven’t gotten confirmation of shipping yet.