Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Kruzer assembly issues

Kapok

Got my new Kruzer today, but the lower stem will not fit into the middle rod. There is a small piece of plastic, maybe from the extrusion process blocking it. I could try to file it down, but it’s brand new and don’t want to void my warranty. It’s a pretty big bump and I can’t force the rod past it. I’ve emailed Dilek, and will wait to see what she says, but was really hoping to try it out tomorrow. Oh well...

Have you backed off (loosened) the connector. That's what makes that piece of plastic move up and down to loosen and tighten the rod so they don't wiggle?

As Tom has said, it appears the locking collar needs to be loosened in order for the plastic to resead. Counter clockwise.

Tom Slick said:
Have you backed off (loosened) the connector. That's what makes that piece of plastic move up and down to loosen and tighten the rod so they don't wiggle?

Yes, I have. As loose as it will go. The rod goes in about an inch and hits solidly on the plastic and won’t go any further.

Tom Slick said:
I was thinking the same thing, it is oart of the cam lock.

I’ve done this procedure probably thousands of times over the years. It’s not the cam lock.

Have you tried pushing on that piece as you turn the locking collar to see if you can free it up?

\"Carolina\" said:
Have you tried pushing on that piece as you turn the locking collar to see if you can free it up?
Yes. Turning the rod or the Lao I doesn’t help. The bump is raised enough that the rod just can’t get past it. If Dilek tells me to go ahead and file it down I will, but want to see what she says first.

So sorry to hear. Hope that you can remedy your situation. Good luck!

Nokta and Makro Detectors use an excellent 3-piece rod-lock. They are not a glued-together design. That little piece we usually see protruding when the rod-lock is tightened is the little tensioner that compresses against the inserted rod to hold everything secure.

Unscrew the two outside parts of the rod-lock and slide them off the rod. Be careful not to lose the little plastic tensioner. Visually inspect all three pieces to make sure none of them have a burr or other blemish keeping them from proper fit and function, then put it back together and check it out.

This is an excellent build design, too, for Beach Hunters or those who seem to get their rods very dirty, sandy or grimy. Keep the rod set free of sand and gritty contamination by periodically separating the rods, then removing the rod-locks to make sure the rod-lock parts and the now exposed sections of the rod get rinsed and cleaned off. This helps eliminate binding of the rods and scratching of the inserted rods due to sand and contaminant build-up.

Monte

Out of curiosity I took my lower rod off
I too have this plastic protruding into the shaft tube.

I stuck my pinky finger in there and rotated the locking nut. I could feel the plastic in question move out of the way when I loosened the nut.
The plastic in question pushed in when I tightened the nut.

So I tried to put the shaft together again and it did not go in right away.

I rotated the nut several times and the tube entered properly.

It did not require much force but it goes in.

Maybe try again rotating the lock nut back and forth.

That protruding plastic provides a purpose to hold the rods together securely.

I took it apart as Monte suggested and see that the protrusion is a built-in piece (see photo). I put it back together, monkeyed with it a bit, and after much twisting and turning I was finally able to get the lower rod inserted. Yay! However, if I had to do it again I’m not sure I could. If I get other coils I may skip using a 2nd lower rod. I have no idea why this was so difficult. I’ve swapped out lower rods in the dark and never had problems doing it. Maybe the manufacturing tolerances on mine are slightly off, who knows. Anyway, I can hunt now. Thanks for the input and advice, folks!