Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

KRUZER UPDATE TUTORIAL

Thank you for sharing that. I just popped in here to do the same

I was actually able to do the firmware update without the tutorial. A well-designed user experience. Kudos.

Lest anyone think I did this without knowing what I was doing, the update installer itself has step-by-step instructions.

There are release notes on the update page:

The update is now posted on the Makro website:

Kruzer Firmware Update Page

Basically in 3-TONE mode they adjusted the iSat level during GB, which was already noted in the user manual, but people complained about it, so they do it automatically now. Also a couple of other changes:

Updates Made :
* The iSAT level in GEN mode while ground balancing in 3-TONE mode has been adjusted to level 4 automatically.
* The display time of the depth indicator has been increased.
* Constant "Lo" battery warning has been changed to a blinking one.

HH,
Cal (aka trash mouth)

Cal_Cobra said:

Basically in 3-TONE mode they adjusted the iSat level during GB, which was already noted in the user manual, but people complained about it, so they do it automatically now. Also a couple of other changes:

Updates Made :
* The iSAT level in GEN mode while ground balancing in 3-TONE mode has been adjusted to level 4 automatically.

HH,
Cal (aka trash mouth)

Hahahahaha " Trash mouth " good one!!! :rofl:

\"Carolina\" said:

:goodnight:
Updates Made :

HH,
Cal (aka trash mouth)

Hahahahaha " Trash mouth " good one!!! :rofl:

Can't imagine where it originated :punch:

A couple of things to note

If you already have the update program for your impact installed you will have to uninstall it before you can install this one. Dont worry as you can choose which machine to update in the new app it works for both

You must follow the steps given in the exact order for this to work just follow the steps given on the app screen in the order they are listed

Hope this helps

GroundHug said:
A couple of things to note

If you already have the update program for your impact installed you will have to uninstall it before you can install this one. Dont worry as you can choose which machine to update in the new app it works for both

You must follow the steps given in the exact order for this to work just follow the steps given on the app screen in the order they are listed

Hope this helps

Yep, you also have to properly delete it from Programs, so that all files get binned.
Then the new install works great.

Question for those that have performed the upgrade - The Impact upgrade app would wipe all your settings back to factory defaults, so you'd loose all your custom settings. I assume the Kruzer app does as well?

I got my Kruzer two weeks ago. I have maybe 3 hours use on it. Stupid question? how do I know if I need to do this update? Or do I just do it anyway. Thanks

With the Nokta Impact they offered an update to 1.16 but I didn't do it because it was mainly for wireless headphone use and my 2.4 Gig. Nokta headphones were in with all the detectors and gear that was stolen last October. So, until I gut another set of wireless headphones, I can live without it. More importantly is that my Impact still works excellent just as it is. :thumbup:

If you have a Kruzer or Multi-Kruzer and it is working just fine for you, then you might not feel the update is necessary and just keep on enjoying excellent in-the-field performance from the Kruzer. If you read about the updates that the download can offer, and feel that they might be of any advantage to you, then go with the update. It's a personal choice, and if you don't do it now, you can at some future time.

Monte

Cal_Cobra said:
Question for those that have performed the upgrade - The Impact upgrade app would wipe all your settings back to factory defaults, so you'd loose all your custom settings. I assume the Kruzer app does as well?

I did the update mostly to make sure that I could. :clapping:
It was an easy process and I'm not the most computer savvy

The only alterations I had saved were tone pitches for all modes.
After doing the update they were still set to my saved pitches.
Wasn't worried about the 3tone update, have yet to use it much anyway.....
But the depth meter is far improved with the timing........not as dim/blinky as before.

Really loving this machine. After testing lots of small gold I get from local swimming spots
I really can't wait to finally get it wet. The spring break crowds are currently
stocking a few local lakes with bottle caps pull tabs and hopefully a lil gold as we speak:cheers:

Just finished updating my Kruzer. Unless I missed something all my saved settings were not changed. Easy update. Thanks!

Thanks Electricfrontporch and Sataro for letting me know that it now saves the settings indefinitely :thumbup:

I was going to pass on the firmware upgrade if it reset the settings as I wasn't having any issues with my MK and it's been running fantastically, so why mess with fate, but I may give it a try, although can't really think of anything that it would fix on my unit at this point but if the depth meter is improved, that might be worth while. I have noticed that the Mak/Nok depth meters, at least in the US aren't the most useful depth meters I've ever used.

HH,
Cal

Did the update...it took me a while being so darn dumb with computers :rage:(LOL).

But it worked for me! I've definitely seen an improvement in the display time on the depth indicator. :thumbup:
Might just be me...but it seems a bit less "chatty" too. :biggrin:

Thanks Makro/Nokta! :yo:

Charles :usaf: :usaflag:

Charles (Sabre)(Tx) said:
Did the update...it took me a while being so darn dumb with computers :rage:(LOL).

But it worked for me! I've definitely seen an improvement in the display time on the depth indicator. :thumbup:
Might just be me...but it seems a bit less "chatty" too. :biggrin:

Thanks Makro/Nokta! :yo:

Charles :usaf: :usaflag:

Don’t feel bad Charles. My upgrade wasn’t entirely smooth. I deleted the Impact bin file & then uploaded the new Kruzer update. Go to update & it keeps giving me an error msg that something wasn’t matching up. Deleted everything & started over twice. Each time I get the same error msg. Finally slowed down & started reading more carefully. Big dummy that I was, I was downloading the Kruzer update instead of the Multi Kruzer update... Worked perfect after downloading the correct update.