Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Kruzer vs Equinox..... Need some help

goldlubber

I'm considering getting ONE of these machines. Minelabs forum of course has many people saying it is the best. Kruzer's forum is quieter.
Those that are more experienced have great things to say about each unit. Really, is one all that much better than the other, or are both about even. Getting ready to jump in. Just would like feedback. What do you say?
Thanks all! :beers:

I'm still on the first charge of the battery with my Multi-Kruzer but so far I am really liking it.
I was debating between these two machines as well and my decision was made from my
experience using my friends Racer 2 and also having had an Explorer2 for a while I found
that I just don't like the audio of the Minelabs. Also am looking forward to hopefully using
the vibrate feature where I water hunt in some lakes. I really don't like headphones while
diving and snorkeling. You can't hear the alligators sneaking up on you.. LOL.

Once I've got some more time on it I will comment further. But the one thing I am definitely
loving so far is the MK has great audio modulation. It's also seems really good at
making deep cans sound different than coins. Not a universal beep for all high tones
if that makes sense. Good luck with your decision!

One thing is you can get a Kruzer today...an Equinox will be a while before you see one. Look at the backorder wait. guys who paid in November for the Nox are just now seeing them start to ship. You may not see one of you ordered now until June. Not knocking Minelab just saying to consider your patience factor. Mine is about....mmmm...zero so I am ordering a Kruzer..as soon as the 4 feet of snow we got this month melts.

azsh07 said:
One thing is you can get a Kruzer today...an Equinox will be a while before you see one. Look at the backorder wait. guys who paid in November for the Nox are just now seeing them start to ship. You may not see one of you ordered now until June. Not knocking Minelab just saying to consider your patience factor. Mine is about....mmmm...zero so I am ordering a Kruzer..as soon as the 4 feet of snow we got this month melts.

I think most of the back orders are for the 800.
Seen a few dealers that have 600s available.

I understand the dist here in the USA is out at this time on the Kruzers, so there are dealers that have them, but those that wait too long to buy may have a wait. I am sure it wont be as long as if you want a Equinox.

I ordered mine in early from Minelab and ordered my Kruzer in when released and got my Kruzer within days while the Equinox showed up a week or 2 later because of back order. At least Makro had enough made before releasing them to take care of those that ordered.
I have them both and can only air test at this time as we have snow and frozen ground, like the multi freq of the Minelab, but on some simple test I like the response on the Kruzer on my floor full of nails on a coin on top of a nail or beside a nail. I need to do a lot of different testing outdoors to know which one will be my detector for depth or for real trashy sites. I do notice in factory setting the Kruzzer chatters more turned on inside, but that could be it is more sensitive.

Rick

I saw a video by Keith Southern and the KRUZER looked very chatty...

I have yet to see a used 800 for sale.

doc holiday232 said:
Yeah it is pretty quite. A lot more quite than that kruzer in that video. I thought minelabs ETRAC CTX were also known for being quite. I have not had a kruzer in hand but was commenting what I saw on his video.
I saw a video by Keith Southern and the KRUZER looked very chatty...

Let me guess--The Nox is quite as a mouse??
heres a video in y test garden which is a high emi area and I got it jacked up to 23 sens and its running pretty good. Its one of the more quitter stable detectors ive seen. [video]https://youtu.be/CBVdRYy50ug[/video]

heres the video by Keith Southern on the kruzer. You guys be the judge... [video]https://youtu.be/XyLA-Iw9Ako[/video]

The Kruzer is very quiet. If you have the coil in the air it can be noisy but as soon as you start swing it over the ground, it's as quiet as any detector I've used and that's quite a few in 43 years.

this is the nox in action notice how stable it is...[video]https://youtu.be/4yHwP36whX0[/video]

Tom Slick said:
The Kruzer is very quiet. If you have the coil in the air it can be noisy but as soon as you start swing it over the ground, it's as quiet as any detector I've used and that's quite a few in 43 years.

That's how mine is. Sometimes I have to swing it next to my shovel to make sure it's still working.

I've had both, still have the nox 600. . the kruzer wasn't made for very tall people so that didn't work for me . Also volume did not go low enough on the headphones for me.. the rest I will leave alone.. the nox 600 is my kind of detector. Excellent tones, soft on the ears, very deep and fast and the multi tone has some serious separation coolness about it.. like it sees around things or through. It's happened a couple times... Remember the kruzer is still a single frequency detector.