Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Kruzer vs Equinox..... Need some help

If I could buy an Nox 800 today I would but the Kruzer is on the radar also. Relics1864 posted a video reviewing the Kruzer and it passed the nail test even down the barrel with the stock large coil. I don't think the Nox with the stock coil will pass the nail test 100%, atleast I haven't seen it yet. And from what I see no modulation on the Nox. I know multi frequency is the buzz but it didn't work well for me in my soil with Explorer or CTX. Analyzing that many frequencies slows everything down, mainly recovery speed. The Nox may have that conquered with the speed of modern processors. There's a lot to be said for super analyzing one frequency though.

Are you saying one has a significant edge over the other ? If so which way are you leaning ?

I wouldn't go that far as I've never tried the Kruzer but just heard people compare it to the Impact which was no comparison to the NOX. Heck I like the Race 2 better than the Impact.

I would say that I also feel the Kruzer doesn't seem to be bring much new to the table. Just another mid-line detector is all I've seen in reviews and videos. I have yet to see you others in the class with the Multi-IQ yet. Proving to be a game changer in a short time. I believe, in time, the NOX will be the one other are judged by.

Watch the Kruzer pass the nail board test 100% with the stock (large) coil. Again, haven't seen the Nox do this "yet". Kruzer also did well in his test area, He's got some tough soil.

calabash digger said:
heres the video by Keith Southern on the kruzer. You guys be the judge... https://youtu.be/XyLA-Iw9Ako

Nail board test are fine but the real deal is 3 d nail test where the iron is above the target. The racer 2 did well on same plain nail test that I tried but didn't do so hot on the 3 d test I tried back when I had it. I did a video where I talk about the Equinox multi IQ and the single freqs of the Deus. It would apply here to the kruzer too and actually all single freq vlf detectors.

They are both air tests and can't duplicate in ground conditions but it does give some useful information. I haven't seen a multi frequency detector pass the nail board test the way a Kruzer does without a small coil. In your test area you have a buried flat button with a nail over it both the Deus and Nox hit. Also some other targets with nails. I wouldn't group all VLF single freq machines together, my racer wouldn't pass the nail board test the way the Kruzer does so there's something different.

https://youtu.be/gqYG_Wg8cNs

Since we've opened the single freq can of worms check out this video. Co-located nails, nails over targets, it's got it all. I wish scannerguy1968 would test a Nox, these are the best tests I've seen.

That kieth southern test is a good one.calabash your in que to do this with the nox!? Lol

I've never been impressed by any of the nail board tests after doing the same with my 20 year old tech DFX. Actually I don't put a lot of weight behind any fresh target tests. Like the air test you can get some general ideas, but no real world comparisons. Unfortunately I don't hunt for coins near boards with nails on them or freshly buried. Give it 50-100 years then you can do some good comparing.

You don't think if it can see it in nails on the ground that it can in the ground the same,within it's depth range?I don't know how being in the ground forr years makes a difference andc I mean i dont know.to me if your testing several detectors on the same test and one unmasks better than it just does better.i feel like alot of these detectors in the same price range are pretty close to each other on performance and everyone likes what they like but if I see a nail test and one out performs the other to me that machine can see what the other couldnt!

calabash digger said:
I saw a video by Keith Southern and the KRUZER looked very chatty...

He likes running them like that. You can run the Kruzer very stable if you wish.
From least sparky to most sparky:

Gen/All-metal
Beach
3-tone (up to Sens 89)
2-tone
3-tone (over Sens 89)
4-tone
Deep

Also some frequencies will be quieter than others depending on where you are, then for each freq you have freq shift.

Southwind said:
I've never been impressed by any of the nail board tests after doing the same with my 20 year old tech DFX. Actually I don't put a lot of weight behind any fresh target tests. Like the air test you can get some general ideas, but no real world comparisons. Unfortunately I don't hunt for coins near boards with nails on them or freshly buried. Give it 50-100 years then you can do some good comparing.

Absolutely agree. I take all these tests with a grain of salt. We simply can't duplicate in ground conditions, especially the time factor. They are interesting and provide some information. Most machines can pass the nail board test with a small coil, but put a larger coil on and things change. The Tejon with 9x8 concentric is the best I've seen. The Kruzer passed it 100% with the stock 11x7 coil I haven't seen another machine do that. I haven't seen the Nox pass it with the stock coil, from what I've seen I don't think it can ( I hope to be proven wrong on that because I'm buying one) small coil no problem.

If you want to argue the validity of the nail board test go ask Monte. I'm not going to, the last question I asked him kicked off a 500 word dissertation.

Some of my spots seem like I'm hunting a nail board test, shallow nails masking good targets, just minus the board. Ha