Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Kruzer with the 7" Concentric

Sven

Here's what my Kruze looks like with th the 7" concentric Impact coil. Just awesome performance...............

Looks real nice. Just the right size. I might have to get a Kruzer just to try out that coil !

Sven...does the 7" concentric seem to help out with a "better balance" over the stock? Have you been able to test its' performance against the 11X7 stock?

Charles :usaf: :usaflag:

I agree Sven, have been using the 7" Concentric on my Racer units......great coil.

Charles (Sabre)(Tx) said:
Sven...does the 7" concentric seem to help out with a "better balance" over the stock? Have you been able to test its' performance against the 11X7 stock?

Charles :usaf: :usaflag:

Balance is much better than the stock coil. Performance is equal to that of the Impact when it was used with it. Monte and I have written about the 7" concentric coil at the Impact sub-forum here at Findmall.
Depth performance is just a bit less than the 5x9.5DD. I think it hit the small round gold necklace clasp much better than the 5x9.5 DD.

The Kruzer coil is identical to the Impact coil, only difference will be cable length and decal.

Does that mean you can use the impact coil on the kruzer and vice versa?

I use the Impact coils on my Kruzer, cable length is short 32", which allows about 2-3 wraps around the shafts. I don't extend my coil out past the 2nd or 3rd adjusting hole. The cable of the Impact coil is short as it goes straight up the center of the Impact shafts, where it meets a second length of cable that goes to the control box. The Kruzer coils will be regular length, they will be too long for the Impact.

Sven said:
I use the Impact coils on my Kruzer, cable length is short 32", which allows about 2-3 wraps around the shafts. I don't extend my coil out past the 2nd or 3rd adjusting hole. The cable of the Impact coil is short as it goes straight up the center of the Impact shafts, where it meets a second length of cable that goes to the control box. The Kruzer coils will be regular length, they will be too long for the Impact.

Does the Impact coil have a waterproof connector like the Kruzer has?

the Impact coils have the very short cable that runs inside the triangular-shaped rod. On my Multi-Kruzer I was able to use them to do my evaluation of the Multi-Kruzer, but due to the short cable length I either got one wrap or no warps of the cable, and I couldn't extend the lower rod out to where I wanted it to be. I need to get the Kruzer-series 5" DD and 7" Concentric coils and leave the Impact coils ready for the Impact.

Monte

What do you see as the advantage of the concentric coil other than size?

Generally, a Concentric coil of similar size to a Double-D design might provide:

• Slightly better depth-of-detection.

• Better at Discriminating in iron trash.

• More accurate or consistent [size=small](tighter)[/size] visual numeric VDI responses.

• A more uniform audio and visual response with a coil sweep from any direction, where-as a DD can and will be different between a left side approach and a right-side approach.

• Usually Pinpointing is also easier.

I use both Concentric and Double-D design coils, but I like to fit the more versatile, general-purpose coil to a detector, and in the case of the Racer 2 it's the 7" Concentric.

Monte

Got a E mail on Thursday saying my 7 inch concentric coil for the Kruzer from the USA dist is being sent out along with the headphone adapter to my dealer, so maybe I will see it this next week. Just thought I would let people know that they are here in the USA for those that been waiting for them from their dealers.
Now to get it to quit snowing and warm up to get out and detect and check this Multi Kruzer out.

Rick

Monte said:
Generally, a Concentric coil of similar size to a Double-D design might provide:

• Slightly better depth-of-detection.

• Better at Discriminating in iron trash.

• More accurate or consistent (tighter) visual numeric VDI responses.

• A more uniform audio and visual response with a coil sweep from any direction, where-as a DD can and will be different between a left side approach and a right-side approach.

• Usually Pinpointing is also easier.

I use both Concentric and Double-D design coils, but I like to fit the more versatile, general-purpose coil to a detector, and in the case of the Racer 2 it's the 7" Concentric.

Monte
Thank you, Monte. I know you’ve addressed this elsewhere, maybe in the Tesoro forum, but I couldn’t find it.

If your in need of a tall man rod the Impact cable length will be to short.

I’m really torn between the 7” concentric and the 9.5x5 DD. I’m currently hunting a spot with little surface trash, the targets are old and fairly deep. However, many of my other spots I’ll hit later in the season have a lot more shallow iron and modern trash. I loved my Racer2 with its 5.5 OOR coil for these sites. I’m wondering which coil would be the best for these two environments.

I use both 7" and 5x9.5DD. Like Monte the 7" says on most of the time on the Impact. If I wanted a bit more coverage and depth the 5x9.55 went on.
The 7" will stay on the MMK most of the time, the 5x9.5 will be ready when needed