Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

l made the commitment and pre ordered

undrpar said:
800s are not available.you still have to preorder.

Umm, my Equinox 800 arrived to me february 12th. I been out with it hunting several times already. You ordered one, congrats.

They are not readily available,that is a fact..sure you can search for days and maybe find one..

Ok guys you are right. If you want to be technical I saved my place in line for the next available unit, thanks to Richard at Backwoods.

The problem is to define the term “preorder”

I think its origin comes from what big online dealers have started doing a few years back in response to tech companies announcing new hardware well before they can ship it to distributors and dealers. The big Online merchants responded to those by going ahead and posting all the details of the item on their website, including the price. Customers were able to “PREORDER” the item right away — you got a place inline and no charge to your credit card till it shipped. Legally however, I suspect that it constitutes an offer to sell by the merchant which has in turn been accepted by the buyer - in other words it is an ORDER. Unless the buyer cancels prior to the seller shipping, the seller is obligated to ship as soon as he has the items in stock.

Metal detector dealers are essentially “mom and pop” operations and their reaction to the messy launch of the Equinox was all over the map.

Some accepted or demanded prepayment in order to get a place in line. In doing that they legally have accepted an ORDER for the item - and the obligation to fill that order in a timely manner in accordance with various state and federal trade regulations.

Other dealers were OK with just putting you on a list with or without a deposit. These weren’t exactly the same as a classic online merchant preorder.

I preordered mine and paid upfront. That was Oct 28th and I'm still waiting:veryangry: I had to email them to ask for an update and was told my order would be filled by the end of March. I'm not a happy camper:thumbdown: I hope you get your order quicker than mine.

I ordered last Tuesday and was told end of March do want seem that fair to you randynorthridgeca. Sorry.the wait is awful.lol

The Equinox is the last time i will pre order a detector . It was a ridiculous wait .

I advise anyone getting one to hold onto their other favorite machine .

I am still trying to love mine , maybe Friday it might grow on me a bit more .

My other machines wont be going anywhere for a long time .

I also pre-ordered. When the company I bought from told me last Friday that I probably won't receive it until April, I started looking around. I found one, yesterday, paid for it and it's on the way, projected to arrive tomorrow. Now, I can't decide if I should cancel the pre-order and get my money back, or just let them ship the second one.

DaveNV said:
I also pre-ordered. When the company I bought from told me last Friday that I probably won't receive it until April, I started looking around. I found one, yesterday, paid for it and it's on the way, projected to arrive tomorrow. Now, I can't decide if I should cancel the pre-order and get my money back, or just let them ship the second one.

Refund . 1 is enough .

Can't wait to get one in my hands. I have a empty lot that's loaded with iron where I pulled out a silver half last year. I have pounded it with my CTX and got the half when I slapped on the 6" coil. I know more good stuff is there and I'm expecting to pull some more goodies out when I get the NOX, if I ever get it. I'll never prepay to be on a waiting list again. Thought the reason for prepaying was so I could be one of the early ones to get the Equinox, that sure was a Bull Crap line.:ranting:

I pre-ordered mine back in September and have had mine now since February. I think the dealer has a lot to do with it. Very happy with my dealer.

Enjoy!

Does the place you found one have anymore? Can you email me thier number? Please