Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Labor Day wekend find

mirkaba

Howdy.......I am not really new here but it has been a while since I have posted and things seem to have changed a bit. Here is a pic of my Labor Day weekend gold. All but one were found within a 10x10 foot area. The "monster" is 6.9ozs. and was an unbelievable 26 inches deep. On eof the smaller (16 grams) nuggets was 4 inches above the big un which made for a little confusion...Bob

WOWEE! That is some beautiful stuff right there. 6.9 ounces that is a nice lump!

Thanks for the pictures.

DOC

Hey Bob:
If thats the kind of confusion there is in digging that stuff than I would rather be confused all day, come to think of it I'am confused most days:lol:
nice finds
enjoy and HAGD
Allen in MT

n/t

Hey Allen in MT..............What part of Mt are you from? I am in Lincoln. The confusion was real.....1) I did not expect the old Minelab xt18000 to detect as deep as it did. 2) There is much small crystalline/flour gold in the area where I found the gold. I hand sampled the area near the nugget find and retrieved app. 6 grams of Au/ yd. With the bulk of the gold being -50 mesh. Looks to be about 2-300 yds in the deposit (so far) and I am trying to get permitted to do some bulk sampling with a trommel. The state has been good to deal with ...so far and I should have an smi in a week or two. Just in time for winter :).....Bob

Howdy Mirkaba,
That's some really nice gold you found. A great big "Congratulations" to you and your trusty XT18000 :eek:) A whopping 26" down with an XT18000!!! Bet you were using the Coiltek 15" 'WOT coil, were you not?? Go get some more :eek:)

Wishbone (George-NM)

Hey George.....Actually I still cannot believe the luck!!! I was using the 11" dd coil?!?! It was a fluke, an accident an amazing stroke out of the blue. All of the gold I have found in this patch has been 10 inches or less in depth. The big piece was sitting on bedrock in loosely consolidated scree. There was a 16 gram piece dead center in the middle and about 4-5 inches above the big one. I pulled it out and said "What the H___?" I was ready to give up before the 16 grammer. I have pulled all sorts of hardware out of the ground up there(including horseshoes). I tried the hole again and the md rang like a bell. I went back to digging and there it was..................HeeHee Now I have a pretty good story and a nice nugget. Enjoy the Indian summer It is almost gone......................Bob