Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Large 15" Coil ?

moose57

How much deeper does this coil go. Should a person buy this coil. Do you detectorist like this
coil and what does this coil weight. And do any of you use the coiltek coil 14 or 15inch coil. Thank You!!

I have the Coiltek 15" WOT coil on my old Explorer 2.
My deepest was a silver plated bottle opener. Flat style.
Fresh water Sandy Beach.
I dug that at over 30 inch's.
Quarters 15+.
Be ready to dig Deep.
I loved it passed up most small trash.
That older style is a bit heavy today.
I Run the 13" Ultimate coil on my Sovereign GT to go deep today. Very light.
If wanna go deep. Ya gotta go Big.
Good Luck ...

I have the Coiltek 15" WOT coil on my old Explorer 2.
My deepest was a silver plated bottle opener. Flat style.
Fresh water Sandy Beach.
I dug that at over 30 inch's.
Quarters 15+.
Be ready to dig Deep.
I loved it passed up most small trash.
That older style is a bit heavy today.
I Run the 13" Ultimate coil on my Sovereign GT to go deep today. Very light.
If wanna go deep. Ya gotta go Big.
Good Luck ...
Yeah i have no desire to dig 30” holes in 100+ degrees temps 4 months out of year lol
Maybe 30 years ago

I hunt with the 14 by 9 Minelab coil all the time. definitely some more depth and sensitive to smalls {hammered coins, jewelry}. Lots more coverage as well.
HH Jeff

I hunt with the 14 by 9 Minelab coil all the time. definitely some more depth and sensitive to smalls {hammered coins, jewelry}. Lots more coverage as well.
HH Jeff
Usually the smaller coils are more sensitive to smaller targets especially gold from what i always understood

If you're trying to get the stuff stock coils have missed. Ain't we all.
The 13" Ultimate coil still See's coins shallow.
I believe you would enjoy that coil. Light too.
Gotta draw the line somewhere. If shallow you mean 8-12” then im fine with shallow coils.
If 13” coil is having you dig 12”-24” holes ill pass. I only use a lesche tool no shovels. Used to use small shovel occasionally and a beach scoop on the beach but those days are gone. I won’t even use a scoop at the beach anymore.
Detector, pinpointer, lesche tool and pouch is the only thing I carry. If i cant find it with those ill pass. And not digging 24” holes with a lesche.
Its just a relaxing hobby not an exploration for me.

Gotta draw the line somewhere. If shallow you mean 8-12” then im fine with shallow coils.
If 13” coil is having you dig 12”-24” holes ill pass. I only use a lesche tool no shovels. Used to use small shovel occasionally and a beach scoop on the beach but those days are gone. I won’t even use a scoop at the beach anymore.
Detector, pinpointer, lesche tool and pouch is the only thing I carry. If i cant find it with those ill pass. And not digging 24” holes with a lesche.
The 13" coil I don't believe you'll be digging 24" holes. That was a large target I just had to know why it sounded so sweet. I don't dig much over 12" anymore either.
Coins never get that deep unless machines disturbed the ground.
Do you know the Sovereign GT will still sound off on good targets while in the Null ???
Something I've learned recently.
Try nulling over a nail then swing back over coin near nail.
I have yet to try that with the Snake coil.
Though I suspect it will do better than any coil larger in that regard. Seeing less ground and tighter field.

Last edited:
The 13" coil I don't believe you'll be digging 24" holes. That was a large target I just had to know why it sounded so sweet. I don't dig much over 12" anymore either.
Coins never get that deep unless machines disturbed the ground.
Do you know the Sovereign GT will still sound off on good targets while in the Null ???
Something I've learned recently.
Try nulling over a nail then swing back over coin near nail.
I have yet to try that with the Snake coil.
Though I suspect it will do better than any coil larger in that regard. Seeing less ground and tighter field.
Unfortunately i sold my sovereign was too heavy same with excalliber. Be interesting to compare them to the legend though.
Everything sinks fast here in soft sandy soil, unless its a fresh drop hard to find old stuff anyway. Never dug up couple coins in my yard for testing and they seem long gone.
We are actually in a very high sinkhole area as well, seen trees in my neighborhood where the ground opened up and the tops of tall trees were about ground level

Unfortunately i sold my sovereign was too heavy same with excalliber. Be interesting to compare them to the legend though.
Everything sinks fast here in soft sandy soil, unless its a fresh drop hard to find old stuff anyway. Never dug up couple coins in my yard for testing and they seem long gone.
We are actually in a very high sinkhole area as well, seen trees in my neighborhood where the ground opened up and the tops of tall trees were about ground level
Sad about the Sovereign.
Bagged
Coil and shaft weight less than the Legend

How much deeper does this coil go. Should a person buy this coil. Do you detectorist like this
coil and what does this coil weight. And do any of you use the coiltek coil 14 or 15inch coil. Thank You!!
Serious Detecting.com is a great store in Michigan.
Here in oHIo.
I usually get my package in 24 hrs.
Their Equinox page.

Sad about the Sovereign.
Bagged
Coil and shaft weight less than the Legend
Yeah wasn’t so much the coil and shaft as the box with 8 batteries.
Was never much into carrying it on my body either. As i said i like to travel light.
Just my detector, pinpointer, trowel and pouch. Try to be maxed out at 5lbs total.
Not much but close to 5% of my body weight. If i was 250 im sure i could max out at 10 lbs. With this heat you don’t even want clothes on let alone extra baggage, every pound is a big deal
Probably go detecting in one of the nudist colonies here lol
Detecting in the buff.

Yeah wasn’t so much the coil and shaft as the box with 8 batteries.
Was never much into carrying it on my body either. As i said i like to travel light.
Just my detector, pinpointer, trowel and pouch. Try to be maxed out at 5lbs total.
Not much but close to 5% of my body weight. If i was 250 im sure i could max out at 10 lbs. With this heat you don’t even want clothes on let alone extra baggage, every pound is a big deal
Probably go detecting in one of the nudist colonies here lol
Detecting in the buff.
Me at 200. Don't notice it.
Nudest beach. No pockets.
Now there's an idea.
Maybe a busy nudy Hollywood beach.
Hmmmmm

Good mercy my limit is 12" at my age I would pop my plugged Atora artery :stretcher:

Attachments

• metal boots.jpg
    metal boots.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 84
I would of never of believed this about the sovereign. However having used the Sov GT, I have personally witnessed this while detecting. It’s an amazing machine for sure! Also, when I hip-mounted the control box and hunted with the 8” tornado coil, I would be able to hunt 6-7 hours a day.

I would of never of believed this about the sovereign. However having used the Sov GT, I have personally witnessed this while detecting. It’s an amazing machine for sure! Also, when I hip-mounted the control box and hunted with the 8” tornado coil, I would be able to hunt 6-7 hours a day.
Love my GT.
Still use yours ?
Gotta try that Nel Snake coil.
Like there's nothing on the shaft.

Serious Detecting.com is a great store in Michigan.
Here in oHIo.
I usually get my package in 24 hrs.
Their Equinox page.

If i did try something else at this point would probably be an equinox, need to really use this one first.

Love my GT.
Still use yours ?
Gotta try that Nel Snake coil.
Like there's nothing on the shaft.
I sold it and bought the Equinox. As much as I loved the tones on the Sovereign, I left old faithful for the Equinox. I do want to point out, the Equinox is just as every bit as deep as the Sovereign. And I love the sweet "soft" high tones on silver!

I believe that's one of the GT's best features.
Where most other machine have the masking effect occurs and or numbers will round off deceiving the operator into believing it's a junk target.
The GT completely nulls ,, goes silent on the iron.
Then on next swings while still in the null.
It sounds off quite clearly on good targets normally masked by the iron.
That's the most incredible thing to me about the GT.
Until I learned this by accident and latter confirmed by others on this Great Forum.
I just kept moving on waiting for the long null to go away.
Loving my Sovereign GT ...