Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Large Cents, Indians and a lot of silver

doninbrewster

The last 10 days have been busy and I've pulled up a lot of silver. I've also continued finding large cents in different spots, the 1802 on a club hunt and the 1817 in a school yard of all places. The school yard has turned up a lot of silver and it borders some woods where I've turned up numerous large cents and seated coins. Love pulling up so much silver and always like to add a large cent. By the way, there is no S on the back of the 1908 Indian. I did find one of those years ago.

WOW that is an amazing amount of silver! Love those large cents too!

I hunt the school I went to on weekends when I have time.I'm 59 and would think ther is some silver out there somewhere.But havn't found any yet.Maybe I'm not hunting the right spot.I've hunted mostly the large playground area that was the very same playground that we used when I was in the first grade.Maybe I need to check around the edge of the woods too.Any tips?HH

when did you start hunting it. when i started 4th grade in 1957 we had 3 brand new schools. when i started hunting in 1971 i found a ton of silver in those schools including lots of mercury dimes. unless you find a school thats never been hunted much or a really old school with a new deeper machine the silver is going to be really hard to find. any schools after 1965 or 1966 won't have much silver. good luck

Chuck and Metalfun. The interesting thing about all this silver is most of it came from a school I drove by for more than 20 years and thought it was too new to find silver. At the end of the day it seems that although the school was built in the late 50's, there may have been a different school building there in the 40's. It's near a site I've pulled 4 LC's and 3 seated pieces and the 1817 LC pictured came from the school yard. A friend I've been hunting here with also pulled an equal amount of silver and also a LC. You just never know.

Killer bunch of finds - congrats ! :clapping: