Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Large Etrac coil choice?

fishnnut

I am thinking of getting a large coil for my Etrac and know that there has been lots of discussions on the various ones but was wondering if anybody has done any testing of the large coils side by side such as the sef,nel,coiltek in the 12" to 15" areas or larger. Seems like going to a 13" wouldn't be that much bigger (deeper) than the pro coil so I am not not sure which is the better way to go. I know there are lots of different places and styles of hunting and no 1 size fits all. I am mostly after something deeper than the stock pro coil to hunt cleaner areas for older coins only. I do like my little sef 6 x 8 as that has been a great coil but don't know much about the bigger ones. It does seem to make sense that bigger should be deeper and I want to make sure I am not missing anything. Maybe somebody can chime in and thanks.....Just toooooo many choices out there...

Southwind got it right-
The stock pro coil is tough to beat.
I had the x-12 by sunray as my leave-on coil. Liked it a lot, not too heavy, great coverage, but no real noticeable depth difference compared to the pro coil.
My soil here is very neutral and mild, so keep that in mind as your results may vary.
Of course there's the detech ultimate and the venerable excelerator 10x12 woth taking a peek at.
Do a search online and you'll find lots of info.
Lots of choices, yes,
fortunately they are all pretty good.
HH
Cheers

coiltek 15"