Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Large light weight coil for Etrac

I found a very nice clean area to hunt. The area floods a lot and the coins seems to be 6 to 10+ deep. I would like to get the largest I can handle for better ground coverage in places like this one. Are there any high quality coils out there significantly larger and lighter than the stock Etrac 8" coil that will give me the same or better depth?

huh? There is no stock 8" coil. The E-Trac only comes "stock" with the 11" pro. There are larger coils, but none larger are lighter. The DeTech 13" is larger and roughly the same weight. If you are having trouble with the weight, get a Swingy-Thingy. Silly name, but work great!

I just measured it and you are right. I don't know why I thought it was 8". I am getting better with the etrac and getting used to the weight. I am moving at a snails pace in this field right now and do not want to miss anything. I suspect there are silver coins there but have only found clad, wheats and zinc to date. I would like to learn about other users experiences with high quality larger coils and appreciate the response. thanks

Jason in Enid said:
huh? There is no stock 8" coil. The E-Trac only comes "stock" with the 11" pro. There are larger coils, but none larger are lighter. The DeTech 13" is larger and roughly the same weight. If you are having trouble with the weight, get a Swingy-Thingy. Silly name, but work great!

Since you state light weight then that narrows it down to the 13" Detech coil as it's very light from what I've read and only slightly heavier than the Pro Coil. The 12x10 is much heavier on the FBS machines than the BBS versions for the Sov/Excal. Don't understand why but a bunch of us weighed a bunch of FBS/BBS coils to put a coil weight chart together and found that out. The 12x10 I use on my GT (without coil cover and using spray on bedliner to protect the bottom) is lighter than the 10" Tornado it came with stock so I'm happy with it's weight and don't find it heavy at all. I'm sure the FBS version isn't all that bad but when you are comparing it to the sweet light weight of the Pro Coil I can see why it would be an issue for some.

Sunray X-12 is an option it is a full 12" where pro coil is more like 10.5" and the weight is aproximately the same.

It is a little bit heavier than stock pro coil but a good inch or more of depth on dime size targets while giving more coverage.It is a nice quiet coil as well.

Hey Ray-Mo, Thats nice to hear seeings how I got one on order. Its been about a three week waiting game but its on its way.

Yea, the Sunray 12" coil is praised for being light...But it's not as light as the 12x10 BBS coil without a coil cover. Maybe in the FBS versions the 12" Sunray is indeed lighter than the SEF 12x10 without a coil cover though.

The Stealth X-12 is approx. 1 oz. heavier than the Minelab 11" Pro Coil - and that is with the X-12 coil cover on.

Ralph (Sun Ray)

Bell-Two said:
Sunray X-12 is an option it is a full 12" where pro coil is more like 10.5" and the weight is aproximately the same.

Actually the Stealth X-12 is 12.5" in diameter - a full 2" larger than the Pro Coil.

Ralph (Sun Ray)

Thanks for the responses. How does the depth of the X-12 compare to the stock etrac coil?

Ralph Sun Ray said:
Bell-Two said:

Actually the Stealth X-12 is 12.5" in diameter - a full 2" larger than the Pro Coil.

Ralph (Sun Ray)

stop worring about the weight and get the coil that you want ,,,,,, but get the swingy-thingie or make one (it's very easy to do) and it makes the e light as a feather

About a week ago I spent about 4 hours comparing the 10x12, the 13, X-12 & Pro coil on a 9" dime....The coil that gave the most consistient ID was the X-12.. It did read lower on the digital readout on the Etrac, like a 11-38 to 11-40 but was a very stable ID.. On the Explorer II it consistently hit extreme upper right on the smartfind screen.. The Pro coil gave the highet ID 11 &12- 44-45 but was jumpier... The Pro Coil on the Explorer, the cursor would wander back & for across the top with some extreme high rights...Of the 3 bigger coils. the X-12 also did the best at seperating , almost as good as the Pro Coil...

7130109759_09c8f0d635_b.jpg

broome1000 said:
Thanks for the responses. How does the depth of the X-12 compare to the stock etrac coil?

Ralph Sun Ray said:
Bell-Two said:

Ralph (Sun Ray)

I got my X-12 put it on to try it out in a field in a modern park that had not been giving up many targets. Ten feet out into the field I get a 12-46 at 8+ inches and digging my target I found at that depth on edge an Matron Head Large Cent!