Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Larger coil thoughts ?

kschae4

Hey Folks, I wanted to get an idea of what coil larger than the 11" pro coil that people prefer for Safari . As primarily a field and woods hunter, I opt for depth for those deeper relics.
Been looking at both Detech Ultimate 13" ( Sasquache suggested this ) and the Detech 12”x10″ S.E.F.. I love the 8" x 6" SEF, but feel additional depth would help. I haven't tried any other manufacturers, so feel free to weigh in on those, too.... Many thanks.

Hello friemd i use the Detech 13 round (fields,ball parks,open areas) coil and i gotta say wow a depth demon for sure get ready to dig deep holes but there is a down side target seperation for tha i used a 5x10 sef (trashy sites,areas with lots of goodies as well) it gets about the same depth as the stock fbs coil. This is my experience with these coil in the real world.

I got a NEL Tornado and I must say it has brought a couple of pounded sights back to life. I was pulling wheats at over 8 to 9 inches in a ball field that I had been over several times. Pinpointing took some getting used to, and the extra weight makes it hard to hunt for an extended time. Overall I would recommend it

Off the subject lol! I'm just envious of all you guy's actually being able to get out and detect in this hot weather!! although it's dipped down to the 80'sF here for a few days at least! I'm in the process of moving out of state and up to my ears in painting the my house getting it ready to sell! I'm really looking forward to experimenting with different coils as well and I'm enjoying reading about your findings and testing of the coils you've mentioned so far!!
I did buy a 18-21 incher DD coil one time for beach detecting but soon found it was impractical, for me that is, because of the weight!! It did detect really deep targets in the sand but my arm and wrist told me through pain that I was crazy for swinging that monster coil!!lol.

Folks , I appreciate your responses and other on line reviews. . When the time comes I'll be purchasing the Detech Ultimate 13".
Hey GS, don't be too envious, I've been out for only an hour - last weekend and had nothing but two nickels and two zincolns to show for my efforts.......