Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Largie Spill

trooper424

I never would have thought my first and long awaited Largie would have come in the form of a spill. It was extremely hard to control my enthusiasm when I flipped the plug and saw these two Matron Heads (1817 and 1825) lying one on top of the other in the sidewall, 4 inches down and just under the hinge. Beautiful coins!!!!!! My apologies for the orientation of the coins. They must have rotated during the uploading process.

Great finds Gary great shape to!! I have to edit my photos to rotate them and set in upright position on your phone then preview then post should solve that

Great find. Many times when you find a coin with the green material (verdigris) on it, it's a good indication that it was in the same hole with another coin. Usually right on top of it,such as yours. The dark area on top of the head of the 1825 mates up with the green on the 1817. They probably were laying this way for a very long time. Very interesting and nice find. Congratulations.

Howdy trooper424--

Congratulations on digging those 2 nice large cents! I hope that you pass your coil over several more! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Wow ... that's very cool - congrats !

Congrat's to you on the find and Save of the two coins. Well Done. They are great looking no matter at what angle. Well Done and Continued Success to you.