Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Last 2 Hunts...

Blind Squirrel

Howdy--
Regrettably, I haven't been able to swing my old V3i as much as I'd like to lately. I've had to undergo surgery. Here are the results of my last 2 hunts: 1 hunt before surgery and 1 hunt after surgery.
Before surgery: My hunting buddy, Kenneth, told me about a vacant house that he lightly hunted and had dug silver & wheats and that I should stop over to help him hunt the rest of the site. I was only too happy to help! Kenneth had only hunted one side of the sidewalk leading up to the front door so I took the other side. I put the 6X10 DD coil on the V3i and started swinging. Aside from a few memorials and clad, I dug wheat cents (the oldest - a 1932-D) and the following silver dimes: 1943-D Merc, 1953-D, 1954-D and 1956-D Roosevelt's. I also dug a boy scout neckerchief slide, a very small eagle button, an Admiral Byrd token, a brass buckle, a bank token and and unknown brass item that was quite deep. On the way back to the truck to call it a day, I got a solid 19 signal and dug the 1937 Buffalo nickel. It's always nice to dig one of those with a legible date!
First hunt after surgery: Kenneth came over to my neck-of-the woods and we drove around an older part of town looking for a place to hunt when we spotted an older house that people were remodeling. We pulled into the driveway and asked if we could detect there. We were granted permission and started swinging our coils. Kenneth immediately found a clad quarter on the surface so we knew there was potential. I found several wheat cents, the oldest a 1929. Then I got a signal @ 5"'s that turned out to be a mini spill. the first coin was a wheat cent and when I went over the hole I dug another wheat then another and a 1955-D Roosevelt and on the last swing over that hole I got the 1937-D Buffalo. Unfortunately, it is NOT the 3 legged variety. I also dug the neat KA- Bar Knives brass item. it is not a buckle. the reverse has 2 screws and keepers similar to those on a WW1 collar disk. I hope to get out again soon! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Attachments

• OdessaS7L.jpg
    OdessaS7L.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 116
  • BS Slide.jpg
    BS Slide.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 120
  • K-Bar.jpg
    K-Bar.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 113
Howdy--
Regrettably, I haven't been able to swing my old V3i as much as I'd like to lately. I've had to undergo surgery. Here are the results of my last 2 hunts: 1 hunt before surgery and 1 hunt after surgery.
Before surgery: My hunting buddy, Kenneth, told me about a vacant house that he lightly hunted and had dug silver & wheats and that I should stop over to help him hunt the rest of the site. I was only too happy to help! Kenneth had only hunted one side of the sidewalk leading up to the front door so I took the other side. I put the 6X10 DD coil on the V3i and started swinging. Aside from a few memorials and clad, I dug wheat cents (the oldest - a 1932-D) and the following silver dimes: 1943-D Merc, 1953-D, 1954-D and 1956-D Roosevelt's. I also dug a boy scout neckerchief slide, a very small eagle button, an Admiral Byrd token, a brass buckle, a bank token and and unknown brass item that was quite deep. On the way back to the truck to call it a day, I got a solid 19 signal and dug the 1937 Buffalo nickel. It's always nice to dig one of those with a legible date!
First hunt after surgery: Kenneth came over to my neck-of-the woods and we drove around an older part of town looking for a place to hunt when we spotted an older house that people were remodeling. We pulled into the driveway and asked if we could detect there. We were granted permission and started swinging our coils. Kenneth immediately found a clad quarter on the surface so we knew there was potential. I found several wheat cents, the oldest a 1929. Then I got a signal @ 5"'s that turned out to be a mini spill. the first coin was a wheat cent and when I went over the hole I dug another wheat then another and a 1955-D Roosevelt and on the last swing over that hole I got the 1937-D Buffalo. Unfortunately, it is NOT the 3 legged variety. I also dug the neat KA- Bar Knives brass item. it is not a buckle. the reverse has 2 screws and keepers similar to those on a WW1 collar disk. I hope to get out again soon! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel
Glad your out and about!
Very cool finds and to be able to hunt a demo property makes me happy.
Here in NJ they made a law that a six foot fence is required on all demos….I got into a few before the fence but then it’s over.

Nice recovery (both for you and the treasures)!!!!

The Ka-bar item is awesome, congratulations! There's a lot of old Marines who swear it was their best piece of gear. Keep recovering in your health and hunting!

Glad your out and about!
Very cool finds and to be able to hunt a demo property makes me happy.
Here in NJ they made a law that a six foot fence is required on all demos….I got into a few before the fence but then it’s over.
Thanks BigTony. It sure is good to be back into the "swing" of things. Best of luck to you and...
Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Nice hunting Blind Squirrel and good to see you posting again. Speedy and strong recovery to you. HH jim tn
Thanks jim tn--
Metal detecting is therapy for me - both physically and mentally. Physically, because I'm out doing it and mentally, because I'm concentrating on the next signal with anticipation of what treasure I'm going to rescue from the bowells of Mother Earth. As a Hospice volunteer, when one of my patients passes, detecting helps me to reset. Best of luck and...
Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

As a Hospice volunteer, when one of my patients passes, detecting helps me to reset. Best of luck and...
Happy Hunting!
My mother passed using Hospice and with the kind care she got I've continued to hold Hospice volunteers in the highest of regard. Thank you for your volunteering. HH jim tn