Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Last 3 days 3 different areas. Your thoughts.

Whitetail

Hey guys,
Still learning my Etrac. Trying to get out as often as possible. The last 3 hunts I've been on have yielded me 54 Pennies, 32 Nickels, 39 Dimes,
25 Quarters, 1 Dollar, 1 Indian, 2 Buffalos, 1 Silver Rosie, 1 Silver earring, 1 nice Silver ring and 1 nice mens Gold ring with diamonds....but I'm not finding many silver coins? Don't get me wrong...I love finding the clad and other jewelry, as it is getting me used to the sounds of the Etrac....but I've found Indians and silver previously with my other detector in the past at these spots..so perhaps the real answer is I've cherry picked the easy targets...but some of these areas are huge...so I keep going back and trying different areas.
I'm using the stock coil, coins pattern, Sensitivity-Auto +2, Multi, Conductive, Variability 28, Limits-29,both deep and fast are off, TD-high, Ground-Difficult, and most of my finds have been less than 5-6" I'd say. I can say I'm only digging repeatable signals. Do you guys see anything wrong with my set-up which would prevent me from finding more silver? I realize the coil has to be over silver for the Etrac to detect it...I just wonder if you guys think that there are targets I'm missing by only digging repeatable signals, or perhaps my set-up? I have dug many of the 1 ways, but have only come up with rusty nails/iron.
Will try to post pictures tomorrow.

It sounds like your setting are OK. You may want to bump up the AUTO to +3. If you've dug these places before, chances are the remaining coins are deep. On deep coins, your TIDs are going to be off. Go slow and listen for 2 way repeatable chirps. I've dug deep silver that will repeat in both directions, sometime weak but always repeatable. Instead of a 12/45 for a deep dime, you might get a 17 or 18/40 something. If show it's deep on the depth meter, it repeats and sounds good, even if weak, dig it. Once you learn to go by sound, the numbers will mean nothing on deeper targets. Good luck.

Sometimes you just have anomalies. I've got an old carnival site that was used from 1914 to the 1930's I've hunted with my DFX and found many silvers, Indians and wheats as deep as my DFX would go. Many were, I felt, on the edge of my DFX's ability. I got my E-Trac and figured for sure I could go back and find loads of goodies I missed with my DFX. I have hunted that site, which is relatively small, Over and over with my E-Trac and have found absolutely nothing. Not even a loan wheat.