Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Last 3 Hunts & a cache...

Blind Squirrel

Howdy--

Wow, getting ready for Christmas and have been bussy with my Hospice volunteering - just not enough time to detect! However, my last 3 hunts were productive. People who have been on this site for a few years might remember my posts regarding a site that I thought had little or no good prospects that turned out to be a hunny-hole. That site yeilded over 300 wheat cents and about 60 silver coins and several buffalo nickles. Well, that site had just been bladed exposing new ground to hunt. There were not too many signals but in an hour I dug a silver dime, 2 wheat cent and the nickle. We went on to another site where a house had recently been demolished. There I dug the 1854-D Washington and more wheat cents. The last hunt was behind an abandoned locksmith's shop where the "cache" was found - 129 lbs of keys! After picking up the keys I took them plus 12 lbs. of # 2 copper that I had dug and payed a visit to a recycle establishment and was rewarded $253. I love this hobby (addiction)! Best of luck and ...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Merry Christmas and may all of your finds be of silver and gold!

Wow, nice cash for the cache! That's sweet because you won't miss those keys, especially while fingering the "green"!
HH!

Man that was a lot of digging

I guess you went out and bought me a present with the Key money.jk. lol Nice job George and have a Merry Christmas if i don't talk to you by then.

Thanks Ytcoinshooter! The keys, yellow brass, went for $1.75 per lb. I'm going back to that site to pick up some more. It is easy $$$! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Daddyflea, actually the keys were a surface find - just raked them into a pile and shoveled them into a bucket! The hardest part was lifting the buckets hahaha. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Thanks Jimmy! Merry Christmas to you and your family! I hope that your son enjoys his new detector! Best of luck to you both and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel