Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Last Couple Hunts - 1st Silver Washington

AgIA

Went to my silver park yesterday and she gave me Indians. The two crusty ones (1898 &1902) came with a 1911 V nickel and a nail. Then ran into the 1881 Indian a few paces later. This is by far the oldest coin I've found in this park so far. Today I went through some more of the iron patch here in town and found these two squeakers - 1942 Washington and 1912 Barber dime. Both had nails/wire in the hole with them. I'm getting better at hearing the coins in spite of the iron and how they sound a little different than just an iron false. Overall, two of these finds with iron in the hole only barely gave a hit from very specific directions - not all the way around. Strangely, this is my first Washington as I've found the quarter types in pretty much reverse chronological order. I think we've only got a couple more days here before the grounds gonna freeze... Thanks for looking and HH!

Great finds. All the old nickels I have found are rusty. It would be great to find one like this.

Nice find's.............Again!!
Going field hunting tomorrow, probably last chance for me. Monday's high is supposed to be 30 degrees!

Iowa Dale

The V nickel got a little scrubbing per G4E's website. The only two I've found so far have come out red but with a little scouring you can at least see things if the coin isn't worth much anyway... I probably scoured this one a little too much and the lighting is hiding the red tint that remains...