Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Last Couple Hunts

thebigd81

I haven't done much hunting the last month+ because of how short we are at work and water being high so no water hunts. I had someone back out of letting me hunt a spot I've wanted to hit for a long time but such is life.

I went to a spot that had Rev. Troops march and the house there is late 1700s. I've hit a bunch but wandered closer to the cliff where I haven't hit and thought maybe troops could have marched. The first day I took the Simplex which I've never hunted with and I was pleasantly surprised. I found an old horseshoe, tack buckle, Indian cent, 1820s-1830s button, and 1819 LC. So weird because nothing was ever there as far as I know not to mention it is not flat for anything to sit there.

I went back today with the Nox and hit in the same area. Buddy was there on his side by side shooting the breeze when I got a great hit and told him it's probably a LC. I dig and find a piece of iron but say no way that was iron and sure enough in the plug was a 1846 LC. The musketball wasn't far from the LC. The property is so huge and finds are bizarre. Finding this stuff basically on a steep slant and a bunch of late 1800 silvers in another spot of the property. Still no Rev. period items but I'm sure they're there.

Attachments

• IMG_20210802_200212328_copy_600x800.jpg
    IMG_20210802_200212328_copy_600x800.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_20210804_152042108_HDR_copy_600x800.jpg
    IMG_20210804_152042108_HDR_copy_600x800.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_20210804_152055655_HDR_copy_600x800.jpg
    IMG_20210804_152055655_HDR_copy_600x800.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 85
Incredibly nice finds!! I’m sure there is plenty more waiting for you! Just goes to show, we never know where we are going to find the next nice treasure.

You mention you are finding this stuff on a steep slant / cliff. I can say I have found some very nice old coins in similar situations. We will never know why they are there but these are nice places to detect. Good luck on future hunts!

I say listen to those instincts that are drawing you into those spots! It's obviously serving you well and it's quite possible that peope in the past were drawn to the same spots for the same difficult to explain reasons. Congratulations!

Good job on trying other areas. Large cents are very pleasant surprises. Good couple of hunts. HH Jim Tn