Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Last couple of days...

Bill W.

I've been able to get out two times. I went to where I dug the LC and barber last week. Saturday, I dug two IHs. One is a 1864 IH. I think it's a 1864L. It's too worn to show the L. 1864L's have a pointed bust. Can someone tell me for certain that I have a L? Yesterday, I dug 2 IHs, 53 Rosie, and 54 quarter. The rosie came from a very trashy area which I want to go back through with the 5 inch. The last IH I dug last night was between 9.5 - 10 inches... measured with my digger and later verified. That's about as deep as I've seen a machine go in this park. The coin in the upper left was dug about a month ago at another site. I'd forgot all about it until I was taking images of the coins this morning. It's a Italian 5 Centesimi. I can't get a year on it. But, this style was made from 1861-1867. I wasn't sure what I had when I first dug it. Sorry for the long winded post. Thanks for looking!

-Bill

Nice finds Bill...It is long winded to those that don't know how to speed read, but you added pictures for them, thats good! :thumbup: Keep me charged up cause summer is coming......60's this weekend!!!

Yeah, it's supposed to be in the 60's here this weekend. I'll go detecting down into the 20's. As long as the ground isn't frozen. Public places are usually pretty vacant at 20-30 degrees... :D

-Bill

Love finding those Old Coins, especially the Older and preferably the Silver ones but will take whatever I come across. Looks like a site to revisit. Good Luck and HH.:detecting:

Yes, I prefer to the older coins. I hate wading through clad... :rant: We've actually been hunting the site where those coins came from on and off for a couple of years. A lot of people consider the park hunted out. It does seem hunted out if you don't go slow. You rarely see anyone else there detecting. It's probably been 2 years since I saw someone else except my detecting partner. There are times you'll go there and not dig anything too good. Then there are times everything just clicks right. The last two weeks the the soil moisture etc. must be perfect... because I'm getting deeper coins than in the past using the same machine and coil. I'm starting to think kids now a days drop quarters like we dropped pennies when I was young. I've found more quarters on the surface in the last two weeks there than I ever have. I guess no one bends down to pick them up anymore.

-Bill