Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Last Hunt of 2012...

Blind Squirrel

Happy New Year to you all--

I wish you all good fortune and good health in 2013 and beyond!

My last hunt of 2012 took me to the site of a house that had recently burned. A hunting buddy of mine had detected it last week and had dug 4 mercs and severel wheat cents there. He's a GOOD buddy to have shared his site with me. My first signal turned out to be a 1946 wheat cent at 4"'s. Then I worked my way towards a tree where my friend had dug the mercs and got a nice 74-75 signal at 5"'s and I smiled as I saw the merc. When I saw the date - 1916, I got excited. Could it be that elusive 1916-D? I flipped it over and saw that there WAS a mintmark but it was too dirty to determine if it was an S or D. I put it in my pouch and thought that I'd rinse it off latter and I continued hunting. A couple inches from where I dug the merc, I got a solid 88-89 signal. I pretty much knew that it was going to be a silver half, due to the close proximity to my previous find. I was right - a nice 1941-s Walking Liberty Half saw trhe light of day! Continuing my hunt, I dug a total of 12 wheat-cents a couple nickels another merc, a 1957-d Roosevelt, McKinly Shell token and severall memorials. When I took my break to have a sip of Gateraid, I HAD to rinse off that 1916 merc to check the mintmark. Well, it turned out to be an "S" . Darn it! Maybe next time...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Sqirrel

A great finish for 2012.......:clapping:

n/t

Good way to windup the year. That silver looks good

Thanks Digsgti. I don't post too many pics, but when I have what is a good day for me, I have to share a picture. Only to proove that even a "Blind Squirrel" gets an acorn every now and then. In this case a little silver! hahah

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Thanks Monte. I dug a little silver yesterday too - a 1939-D merc and a 1952-D Washington. So I started 2013 off with a bit of silver!

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Thanks BillPa. I've been on a roll as far as digging silver. I've been using the 6X10 coil and having good luck with it.

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Thanks Paul(il). I always get a rush when I see the glint of silver in the hole... even after detecting for 30+ years!

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Thanks Elton. I haven't counted up all of my silver finds for 2012 yet, but it was a pretty good year. Thanks and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Thanks Larry. To paraphrase Jimi Hendrix: "... if an S turned out to be a D..." it could have been a LOT better! hahah But I'm happy.

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Thats quite a hunt nicely done.