Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Last one for the year??

Ted S

I was hunting last Thursday in the nice 68* weather! It rained earlier in the day so I knew my time would be limited! Rain was forecast for the afternoon so I had a bite to eat then grabbed my trusty Equinox 600 and headed out the door! The first stop was an 1860 house that I had permission to hunt. Pretty close to a factory,I was getting lots of EMI and was changing from field 2 to park 1 and raising and lowering sensitivity as required. I found only a wheat cent,a memorial cent and a 44 cal. pistol ball. I could see the front coming in and the wind was picking up! I packed up and headed to a field where I had found a few coins earlier in the year. I hit a couple of wheats right away in the stubble and continued to search. Off to the west it was starting to look nasty but I kept hunting. Soon I was seeing mist on the Equinox and felt a couple of sprinkles. Wasn't two minutes later and I had a high broken tone. I did the dance around it and thought it may be a silver coin on edge. As I dropped down on my knees and got the TRX probe out the skies literally unloaded on me! It was pouring rain and a lot of wind but nothing was going to keep me from that hard earned coin! Turned out to be a lowly 1943 Merc after I cleaned the dirt off it! On the 12 mile drive home the temp dropped from 68* to 54* ! Only supposed to be in the 30s for highs this week so I might be done for the year! If my count is correct,I should have found 30 silver coins for the year. I know that isn't that many but I am gettin old! Ted
001.JPG

You have done well this year Ted! That's 30 more silvers then if you stayed home. Who knows, your weather may surprise you and give you another day or two of nice weather.

Nice job Ted I was out sat long drive and the rain was coming down as I looked at my radar app it soon ended and I was able to detect dry got one lone 1938 Canadian dime and clad .
Mark

Temps fell fast here as well. I will head to the timber after dear hunting season. Nice silver for the count!
HH Jeff

Thanks everyone! I put the blade on my 3010 yesterday and hauled my deer blind out to the field. I never got to go as much as I wanted and left a lot of coins in the fields! There's always next year! HH! Ted

I was hunting last Thursday in the nice 68* weather! It rained earlier in the day so I knew my time would be limited! Rain was forecast for the afternoon so I had a bite to eat then grabbed my trusty Equinox 600 and headed out the door! The first stop was an 1860 house that I had permission to hunt. Pretty close to a factory,I was getting lots of EMI and was changing from field 2 to park 1 and raising and lowering sensitivity as required. I found only a wheat cent,a memorial cent and a 44 cal. pistol ball. I could see the front coming in and the wind was picking up! I packed up and headed to a field where I had found a few coins earlier in the year. I hit a couple of wheats right away in the stubble and continued to search. Off to the west it was starting to look nasty but I kept hunting. Soon I was seeing mist on the Equinox and felt a couple of sprinkles. Wasn't two minutes later and I had a high broken tone. I did the dance around it and thought it may be a silver coin on edge. As I dropped down on my knees and got the TRX probe out the skies literally unloaded on me! It was pouring rain and a lot of wind but nothing was going to keep me from that hard earned coin! Turned out to be a lowly 1943 Merc after I cleaned the dirt off it! On the 12 mile drive home the temp dropped from 68* to 54* ! Only supposed to be in the 30s for highs this week so I might be done for the year! If my count is correct,I should have found 30 silver coins for the year. I know that isn't that many but I am gettin old! TedView attachment 32248
30 pieces of silver......good for you !....I got out hunting maybe 5 times due to radiation and chemo treatments this year.....I got 46 treatments of radiation and 17 of chemo so far and going back in for maybe more the end of this month. I really enjoyed seeing a lot of stuff pulled and all the stories of how it was found.
Congrats on the silver.

E L M Y

"Thirty Pieces of Silver"; sounds like a title to a Pirate Movie.
Super finds Ted, beat me by 10 or more. :clapping:

Thanks everyone! Get well Elmy! That radiation treatment I had after neurosurgery was nasty! I know where you are coming from! There's so many places I wanted to go but it was usually too hot and dry or not enough money for gas! Since I have owned the Equinox 600 it seems like around 30 silvers a year are the average. Like I have stated before I don't see buying another machine. I would have to justify the cost and the machine would have to be a real game changer! I am quite happy with the Equinox and my Explorer SE as a back up...Good luck everyone and HH! Ted