Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Last two Hunts - Lipstick and Silver

I had a chance to get out on Sunday afternoon and yesterday evening. On Sunday, I found the TABU/Dana lipstick holder. It is 24 karat gold plated. Unfortunately, it is dented on the back and I am unable to open the container. The lipstick container is from the 1940's. I also found a McCormickLine trade token. One website indicates it is circa 1914, and is for a Van and Express Company. Also found a 1941 S wheat.

Yesterday, I had a silver signal that sounded like a quarter. I pulled the 1941 Washington out of the hole and probed. Nothing else was in the hole. I then recalled IDX's comment about the large cent in a recent post. He said to check the area for other coins. I had a choppy silver signal, but it was from two directions so I dug it hoping for a dime or another quarter. I saw the silver half on edge at about six inches. It was about a foot from the original quarter. I don't know if I would have found it had I not took a little extra time in the vicinity of the quarter.

You probably wouldn't look very good in lipstick anyway. Looking good.