Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Last week first

Button king

My first cut coin, any info on way thay would cut copper coins. I always thought it was mainly silver or gold coins.

Attachments

• 0513201949.jpg
    0513201949.jpg
    651.3 KB · Views: 67
  • 0513201949a.jpg
    0513201949a.jpg
    703.9 KB · Views: 64
I’ve seen a few I would think more in half for a half cent?
Mark

2 bits sort of....2 bits...4 bits...6 bits ...a dollar......groceries were cheap back in late 1800's......a penny went a long way ! 4 for a penny...so they cut 'em up to make it last longer and didn't have to spend a whole cent when they went to towns. Also made it seem to have more money in their pockets by cutting them up.

I’ve seen a few I would think more in half for a half cent?
Mark
that makes sense,
2 bits sort of....2 bits...4 bits...6 bits ...a dollar......groceries were cheap back in late 1800's......a penny went a long way ! 4 for a penny...so they cut 'em up to make it last longer and didn't have to spend a whole cent when they went to towns. Also made it seem to have more money in their pockets by cutting them up.
Ok I thought it was something in that sorts. I find mostly full large cents and a cut large cent was a first for me. Thank you for your information

New one on me . Found a number of large cents but none were cut up. Tomes must have been hard as mentioned.

That’s where the quarter a quarter of the coin.