Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lat/Long Numbers

Is there any aerial web site that is known to be most/more accurate when it comes to showing Lat/Lon Numbers? I have tried several times using my Garmen Geko101 to use the Numbers off Terra Client, and they never agree when applied.I am dumb as a stump concerning these things and have read of there being some problems, and was wondering what the remedy , if any, may be. Thanks.

Google Earth is IMHO the best of the free ones.
Whichever site, you have to make sure that the format of the co-ordinates you enter is set properly = it is the same set in your receiver as given by the site.
Google Earth is using (by default) Degrees Minutes. Seconds.Decimal Seconds so, in your receiver, you have to set format to HHHMMSS.SSS or something like that.
HTH

Thanks Andrew, I will give it a go. I also need to spend some time learning more about what I am trying to do with this thing.I done got old and was already pretty slow.

We don't slow down....everybody else is in too much of a hurry.
I too am blonde dumb when it comes to coordinates. I saw some GeoCash coords that are just N 34 30.221 W 118 13.975. How do I translate to the standard I know of as dd:mm:ss.s ?
Bob