Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Late silver saves the day....

doc1964

Got out to a small park (wanted to go the the old church, but they had something going on there) with my 2 brothers today and they kicked my butt (silver, indians, etc) - all I got was some wheats (16 total), a small enameled pendant and a torched '03 V-nickel. On the way home by brother Tom and I saw that the church was vacant, so we stopped in there. I picked up a few wheats, and got chatted up for about a half hour by a nice lady that was interesting in taking up the hobby. After she departed I did pick up a '37 buffalo, then what I thought was another wheat cent turned out to be a civil war patriotic token ("Our Country"). A few minutes later, I got a screaming 12-47 on the CTX @ 6-7". I cut a plug and pulled out a '45 wheat, covered the hole back up and wondered why it came in so high. I re-scanned the hole and from one direction I got the 12-47 again. I thought "cool - must be a Washington quarter down there too" - lifted the plug back up and in the side of the hole and a few inches deeper popped out a silver quarter. I immediately saw the distinctive eagle on the back and knew I had a seated - 1875. Love it.

Very nice Seated Quarter & token Doc, and how did you get that Buffalo Nickel to clean up like that?

Soak the nickel in lemon juice for about an hour then scrub it clean with sos pads. ( takes a lot of elbow grease). HH

Altamaha said:
Very nice Seated Quarter & token Doc, and how did you get that Buffalo Nickel to clean up like that?

Wow those are impressive looking coins...just love it when they come that clean. Nice token too!

Nice find Doc! I have been longing to see that eagle in the hole. I've dug seated half dimes and seated dimes, but have yet to dig the quarter. It's certainly not that I haven't been in old enough places to find one.

What a beautiful seated quarter!